Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Flat bed/ Short box super duty?

11K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  dieselboy01 
#1 ·
My box on the plow truck is pretty well rusted and I'm not sure if I should replace it with another box or put a flat bed on it. How would a ex cab short bed/flat bed look? I found an aluminum flat bed on CL for $1500 that came off a short bed super duty, but I don't have the money for that bed right now.

#2 ·
I was wrong, The alu. flat bed on CL was a tool box insert/headache rack/transfer tank combo. It looked like a replacement bed and the ad made it sound that way also.

#4 ·
That's a sharp looking truck! Did you make that bed?

#5 ·
no its a hilsboro, its the same flatbed that i have, just shortened, lol

#6 ·
Whats something like that run?

#8 ·
That's better then I thought they would be, but still a little pricey. Great looking flat bed tho!

#9 ·
you can get a steel one for 1500 ish I went aluminum because the state of Mass likes to use road salt and liquid calcium chloride like its going out of style for a dusting of snow... hence why my bed rotted off in the first place.

#10 ·
Wisconsin has the same problem nine months out of the year, That's why I'm looking at short box options. Do you know what the weight difference is between a steel or aluminum bed is?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.