Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

turbo vs nitrous

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  mattr66 
#1 ·
i see lots of guys tryin todo all motor pass, and the opposite end of the scale where guys are using lots of nos, with the 6 leaker being a pig tryin to spool large turbos, a CR or dmax can spool S400 turbos like nothing, were a 6 leaker has a harder time, what are your guys thoughts on motor vs nitrous passes, which would you prefer, so on, i love hitting the button, so for me smaller chargers to have the drivability and then spray the ever liven f&%k out of it:blah:

#11 ·
thats weird,i spoke with comp cams this spring and they had an interest in doing some cam work on the 6.0.
I remember discussing cams with someone who felt like it was a lot of work for something that may or may not do a whole lot of good on the first two tries.... IDK but I bet the exhaust valve isn't opening when it should be to get a good pressure wave started to the turbo... i'm sure there are other areas of improvement especially with ported heads if increasing the lift flows more air.. does anyone have the stock cam specs for the 6 liter?

#10 ·
Hey Shawn for me its nitrous and single charger I cannot afford a nice twin setup but nitrous and a good turbo with proper injectors are nice you can retain drivability and also play with the big boys.

But if I could afford it I would like to do all motor and keep the nitrous as reserve for when I really need to move. but I don't have that kinda cash.

Maybe someone should look into a custom cam for the worlds fastest 6.0 :poke:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.