Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Dual stabilizer..keep the factory ?

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  1sd 
#1 ·
About to install a dual steering stabilizer..should I keep the factory single in there or yank it ?
Any pros or cons to leaving it ?
Thanks

#2 ·
Re: Re: Dual stabilizer..keep the factory ?

My truck drove completely fine after removing the factory one before I got the chance to install the dual ones. I think they just put them there in case it needs it. You should be fine either way

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#3 ·
If your installing a dual set-up, remove the factory one. No sence in leaving it. Just replaced a Skyjacker dual stabilizer kit on my truck with a Top Gun Customz kit and it was like night and day. Good luck

#4 ·
I actually replaced the OEM with a Rancho and later went to duals I have had the Rancho off but put it back I like the bump steer reduction when 4 wheeling the 3 offer

We have a lot of ruts and rocks in the desert near the lakes

I say try it both ways and see what you like but with the OEM I don't know if you'll notice it either way

Attachments

#6 ·
With the tendencies for these trucks to have death wobble, I'd just leave it on. Can't hurt. I have duals and left the factory one. No issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.