Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

I got my Innovative tuned FICM in yesterday

7K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  razorscs 
#1 ·
I bought a brand new unprogrammed FICM a few weeks ago from a ford tech buddy and sent it into Eric to get the mild program on it. :D I'm looking at installing it either on Tues or Weds after I make a 300-400mi trip just to get one last set of mpg numbers before swapping it and running the same trip to see the difference. Anyone else running his mild FICM? What difference's did you see?

#4 ·
Well, I do ocassionally buy other than ITP, when Dennis don't sell it, but for most parts he can get. I honestly prefer to just one vendor for most of my parts that way if a part fails I know who to go to to get it replaced

I got my Race FICM Friday as well. A brand new FICM also.
I just cannot have the race tuning ufortunately because of my injector size. Eric is saying the injectors/turbo I'm going with in my motor build aren't going to be big enough for the race either, :shrug: LoL, I have another brand new Ficm sitting here that I don't know what I'll do with now. I guess I'll either sell it or take it apart:D

#7 ·
Call or email Eric @ Innovative Diesel. He can explain everything to you. Unless you have big injectors (250cc or bigger) and big turbo he'll hook you up with the mild/moderate tuning:

There is a definite increase, but it depends on how the FICM is programmed...which is based on the modifications. For a stock truck or a truck with 250cc or less injectors, the mild/moderate programming is all you need.

With the FICM reprogrammed there are changes I can make in the PCM programming that otherwise the FICM would ignore. The same reason the early flashes made slightly more power.
One thing that I really like is the fact that there's absolutely no problems running a SCT with Eric's FICM tuning especially since I run his tunes. But he also said that you can run anyone's tunes with it with no problems. That may be true with the other FICM flash from other sources to but since I run Eric's tunes and after that post a while back where a member had problems :shrug:

There's a FICM on EBAY.....right now.
I just sold one on here that was used pretty cheap, lol. The problem with buying them on ebay is how they are packaged to be shipped. I've bought parts on there that the seller didn't even add any packaging, just sent it in the ford box and got the he!! beat out of it in shipping while just bouncing around during shipping :doh: The only one I just found on ebay doesn't even offer shipping insurance which is a MUST if you buy one from anyone that is shipping it to you ;) The one I just shipped got a lot of bubble wrap, packing peanuts at both ends of the box, and was insured for the total sale price.

#9 ·
All I can say is Damn! Even with my injector problem, the low end is just crazy. I didn't expect what I got. I pulled out of the neighborhood like I always do, and laid on it, and it lit the charger immediately, and jumped sideways. Its a HUGE difference. I don't know how, but it makes the bottom end feel like a gasser. I am 100% impressed.

#10 ·
I don't believe you. Send it over here so I can see for myself.

#12 ·
dalpilot, Is all that low-end power from a race-tuned FICM or a mild-tuned FICM? I'm sure that you're running the race since you have so much done to your truck already.
I'm curious how much low-end power is gained with a mildly tuned FICM? I'd love to do this mod.

#13 ·
Pretty sure he's running the mild ficm. From what I understand the race is pretty well for, well, race vehicles, with huge injectors and turbos. The CompD Ranger will be running a race version.

#14 ·
Actually Danny, I am running the race FICM on the red truck also. The ranger will have the Race version as well. Only negative so far with the race is it hates being cold, and its only been in the 40's so far. There is a ton of low end, and I still have a fairly sick truck with an ICP problem no one can figure out. Its getting a new wiring harness, and all the trimmings next week before my warranty is Kaput.

#15 ·
CAnt wait till eric has these available via downloader

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.