Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Questions on SVO

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Deereman4020 
#1 ·
I got about 150 gallons of SVO and I was wondering how much filtering is needed to run it in a 2002 F-250 7.3L PSD. And how many gallons of SVO should I run with regular on road diesel?

#3 ·
Thanks rickh

#4 ·
I personally think the oil should be filtered down to ~2microns.

How much you can blend with petro is dependent on your setup. Do you have any type of heating for your fuel? Do you have a single tank or dual tanks? Do you have an auxillary tank that you will be blending in?

Sam

#5 ·
Single tank, No heating, Just was going to add about 5 gallons to every tank of diesel. So 5 gal. of bio to 30 gal. of diesel.

#7 ·
Do you mean SVO or Bio? If you are talkin Bio or B100 than you can use straight biodiesel in your engine during the warm months. If you are talking about mixing SVO - the most I have ever mixed during warm months was a 60(SVO)-40 blend. I started and stopped on a different tank though. During the winter months I have not run more than 5% SVO. I had a heated filter on the frame rail and didn't want to risk more than that and gum up filters.

Sam

#10 ·
Ok how much would I have to filter it down to?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.