Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

IDM Failure

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  TNScrambler 
#1 ·
I came up with two codes but I don't think they are related.

P1298 IDM Failure, if this has failed why does my truck still run? I would think it would kill the injectors??? He buzzed checked them, and all 8 still fired?? The only ones I've seen for sale are modded units with large core charges if mine is fried. Anyone know where I can get one new? And/or, will an IDM from a 7.3 SD work?

They other code is P1728, excessive clutch slippage. I guess its tranny time.

Any help or suggestions please

Thanks,

Justin

#2 ·
Are you having issues or are those just some codes you found? I would reset and check again later also.

Tom

#4 ·
well, I have been having a low power/bog problem when the truck first starts as explained in my other post, in that post everyone seems to say its the EPBV, so that is unplugged, and it should up on the scan yesterday. The other problem is the trans going into limp mode with the OD light flashing. When we checked the codes, we reset both of them and it did not changed how the truck ran, it shifted normal for a while, but before I got home from work yeterday the trans was back in limp mode.

I may be able to find another IDM here at work off a SD (I work for a salvage yard).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.