Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

EGR problem?????

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Countryboy07 
#1 ·
I have a 2003 F-250 and just turned 95,000 miles. My question is that I cleaned my EGR valve, just cleaned it because I was told it would run better, then about a week later my turbo wouldn't spool and acted like it had a stuck vane. I took the turbo apart and cleaned it put it back together and drove around with my truck stock for a while and it ran good, just slow. Put my SCT back on and it started smoking heavily and the truck was bucking and I had no boost. The turbo was just shoving air back out the intake (turbo Fart). I don't know if it has to do with the EGR or the SCT. I'm only running canned tunes for now. Planning on getting X-street or X-race after I get my gauges installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm at a loss as to what it could be other than those two variables. Also I found a good write-up on how to do your own EGR delete and have thought about doing it, is it worth doing it myself to save some money or just by a complete kit?

Thanks, Josh

Sorry for the long post

#3 ·
gonna follow this closely. I am about to clean my turbo and EGR valve this weekend in hopes of curing my low boost and zero boost with smoke when I roll lightly into the throttle.

Keep us updated on how it works out.

#4 ·
Sounds like an ICP sensor. you probably have the old style ICP sensor being an 03. I updated mine to the newer version and its like a pig tail connection. You might have oil and junk that feel down in there thats causing it to do that.

Its on the back top part of the motor its a pain to get to. Like Abran said replaced the ICP first.

Ive had my SCT in my truck for over 3 yrs now, a yr with 190cc injectors. Also depending who does your tuning they turn off your EGR.

#5 ·
Sometimes its easier to go from underneath, reaching around the drivers side of the tranny to the top of the y pipe. If you remove your EGR, weld the damned valve so its closed for good. I did a long time ago, so I know mine will not blow open. If your gonna go at the ICP from the top, on an 03, remove the back bolt that has the ground on it, and move the ground under that bolt when you replace it. Gring the stud off that bolt. Its much easier to get your hand in there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.