Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

short shifter

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  LvTitan 
#1 ·
I have a 6 spd and I am getting the tranny rebuilt and I was thinking about a short shifter. Does anyone have one or have used one? any in put on these?
Thanks,
Nate

#2 ·
not sure about the one for the ZF but I played around with one in a cummins and it sure was sweet. Long shift handle but I swear it shifted pretty close to a stock mustang. Not as good as my buddies short throw in his mustang but certainly pretty quick and close for a truck.

#3 ·
Contact Dan at http://www.midwesttrans.com/.

He builds a kit for the ZF-6 that works really well. I drove his truck with the kit installed and it is alot shorter then a stocker....

#4 ·
So I called the guys at mid west trans and they were very informitive. You can get the gears and stuff frozen to make them like 30% stronger. Everything was reasonably price too. Thanks for the info.

#5 ·
Im actually getting ready to order one for my ZF-5 now...

#7 ·
From mid west trans there $175. I think I might get my trans through them and have them put one on. Tank you have a zf6 right? did you have any problems with you trans or clutch? I replaced mine clutch at like 55K or so and I now have 80k and I need my trans rebuilt.

#8 ·
Get it from Dan. He does awesome work! I orderd my SS for my ZF5 today....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.