Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

spartan

4K views 29 replies 14 participants last post by  fuekear 
#1 ·
are there tunes any good i see that there free

#2 ·
I could never get thier tunes to shift WELL. It would slam into gear hard then the converter would surge and the whole truck would surge and jump until it down shifted. And i made sure i had correct gears and RevsPerMile.

BTW I only have 80,000 miles so the converter cant be that worn-out.

#3 ·
if you set the shift pressures, revs per mile, and axle ratios they work fine

#6 ·
They never did for me. I quit running them because of the shifting issues.

#5 ·
what are those seting do you know beacuse i used the hybrid and it spuderd when i started to launch

#9 ·
They never did for me. I quit running them because of the shifting issues.
Myself and about 15 others I helped set up have not had problems at all with them

#8 ·
spartandieseltech.com

Look for the SCT tuning archive. Follow the directions listed on the page and download them from there

#10 ·
Mine seems fine so far. The first couple drives after tuning the shifting was rough, but the tranny is learning well and shifting great now. The ASE tune has some snort, no doubt. Haven't tried any of the other tunes yet.

#11 ·
you ever heard the expression you get what you pay for ?

but it's hard to pass up a free tune, try a few of them out and see what you think. some guys have good luck with them, i used to run them but i also used to go thru transmissions like they were on sale..

i have had much better transmission shifting and more consistent power since switching to innovatives tunes by eric. but it won't cost you anything to try them out will it ? is your tranny under warranty still ?

#14 ·
I wouldnt do free tunes in my opinion, when you get your truck tuned for like DJ, Eric Tadd etc, they tune it for your truck. I wouldnt put a random free tune into my truck at all. Ive been running the SCT over 3 yrs now, I wouldnt risk it thats me.

#15 ·
I asked about these once to. I just couldn't get myself to download any to try them :shrug: I figured that if they were worth a sh!t (safe) then they would be charging for them. I mean who would give away something they could make money on? But anyways, I've come to the realization that they are no better than canned tunes IMO, and I won't run SCT's canned tunes that are in my LW. I would rather pay for my tunes, that way my tunes are made to fit my truck. I paid to much money for my ride to risk damage with generic canned tunes :shrug:

LV Titan- wasn't it you that were claiming something like 175 or 200 rwhp off the spartan tunes not to long ago, saying they were the sh!t? Now you're downing them?

#17 ·
I tried these and my transmission hated them. I have erics tunes now and love it. tehy shift so much better and run a little cooler. I think spartan made more power off the line though. I love my innovative tuning. Spartans made my truck smoke like freight train and with erics files I can get maybe a puff of black smoek when I first floor it.

#20 ·
damn def alot of differing opinions well i have been running the spartian tunes for a year now and i like them i never had a problem with them every truck will react differently to them so who knows how they will work on your truck i would say try them out you might like them and if u dont all you have to do is just retune it its not like you lost any money just my 2 cents

#21 ·
I've had really good luck with Matt's tunes. I originally purchased my SCT from LIPD and never recieved any tunes due to Matt leaving. He offered to take care of me when he opened Spartan. I thought that was good of him.

I since lost my custom tunes he wrote for me so I'm currently running the generic ASE and couldnt be happier except for the mileage (i.e., ####ty). Since I have one of the codes that doesnt like the EGR turned off (VXCF4), my mileage is crap when tuned. I've also had good luck with the aggressive tow and heavy tow. Shifting has been flawless.

#22 ·
Did you make any optional adjustments with the freebie ASE tune? The reason I ask is that my shifting is very quirky with running the Spartan freebie ASE and Stock+.

#24 ·
Well shoot. I was hoping there was some trick I didn't know about.

I usually set the tire rotations, select the gearing, and play with the same shift adjustments, but my shifts are always quirky.

#25 ·
That sucks. I had some weird shifting with the hybrid race tune. It would sometimes stick in gear and hit the rev limiter. Only when I would let off, would it shift. This would only happen once in a while.

I had the exact same problem with my custom looney tune from DJ.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.