Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

limp mode

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  RescueF250 
#1 ·
a friend of mine has an 03 6.0 that goes into limp mode when you get on it hard.his mods are elite diesel turbo,ats regulated return fuel system,diablo sport tune,hypermax injectors 200cc. when boost get to about 42 psi it will just shut down and the throttle goes dead.you can pull over shut it off and start it up and will run fine,then will go dead if you get on it hard. any help will be appreciated thanks guy's.

#3 ·
i'll tell him. he may have ordered the sct not 100% sure.

#4 ·
is there an overboost anihilator or something for the 6.0's?if so which one is preferred?

#7 ·
Very simple to diagnose- just throw scan tool- AE, NGS, etc- and monitor the hpop :shrug: From what I read about a month ago on diablo's forums, I go there to watch people whine about their products, there is/was some kind of software problem I believe. It seems like their dealers stopped selling one of their models because of the software problem :shrug: You might go check it out. So with what I read over there I have to agree with Adam and say it's the diablo.

#8 ·
update the truck has the problem with the sct that has tad from elite diesel tunes.when the truck go's in limp mode it will only idle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.