Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

the new trailer

3K views 29 replies 12 participants last post by  00PSD1 
#1 ·
Here is my new trailer I think its to short LOL

The water injection worked great it would not get hotter then 1200, it was at 900 or so most of the time.

The truck pulled absolutely perfect plenty of power to get it up the grades :ford:

the pac brake I have slows the rig down pretty fast its nice having it :bowfast:

http://image72.webshots.com/72/6/8/85/2214608850078681171aVSCEU_fs.jpg

See less See more
#7 ·
Better not drive that thru Alabama, some ******* will steal it and make a home out of it :D

#9 ·
thanks Garrett yes I am really digging the new look and its a lot lighter now the truck gets a little squirrelly in the higher settings without the trailer

yep Ryan rode along with me and split up the driving :bowfast:

thats weird it was working a second ago

#11 ·
Pics back working again but I manually loaded the url in another window and then it works in the thread again, wierd.

#20 ·
Looks nice. Now all you need is a CDL and FMCSA DOT Operating Authority :poke:

Tire straps on a heavy diesel pickup :doh:

Milford was very nice to share the drive and his CDL with you so that you could operate that combination from OK to Cali. I hope you compensated him....

Milford mentioned burning water injection lines and 7mpg. :confused: Ouch
You asked me on more then one occasion for advice and I told you you need a bigger truck but you said the MPG would suck....your doing much better now? Just wait till you get some real freight on there all tarped up and grabbing wind. :pointlaugh:

Good Luck Trucking Kid

#21 ·
Hey Craig

I am going to take the test in 2 weeks then will apply for DOT/MC and all the other paperwork.

The straps SWL is 3900 lbs and I use chain anchors with them, they never got loose not even a tad bit I have used them on the F550 without any problems as well...

I used these because thats what another trucker I know uses to tie down sprinter vans, f250s-550s etc and recommended them to me ....

Ryan was very nice in driving with me back to Cali he saved my a$$ by doing that. :bowfast: Once I get my feet planted in my business I am planning on getting him something nice.

Yeah the boost line to the controller melted several times then we rigged it out of the hood and through the door to the controller which solved it temporarily. I am going to buy some high temp hose and route it correctly under the dash.

I found out the 7 MPG was because of a massive fuel leak thats either coming from the plug in the back of the head or the fuel bowl its getting fixed asap.

I dont think I will get 7 MPG once its fixed I am guessing it should be 9-10 mpg.

I want to get either a single axled volvo, pete or international in about a year or so depending on how well i am doing....

BTW Craig if you are ever in the market for a step deck the guy that built mine is the one to buy it from absolutely top notch work and hell of a nice guy

Thanks Craig I plan to be trucking in 1.5-2 months :redspotdance:

#24 ·
That trailer was great! Pulled straight and felt really smooth back there. I think its cuz the air ride on the rear of the truck but it was a nice ride. Truck pulled it without a problem to up some good grades out in NM and AZ. I knew there was a good reason why the MPG was so low. Get that thing fixed or your just dumping money in the toilet.

#25 ·
I think the ride would have been even smoother if we had some weight on the neck but it still rode pretty nice with how the weight was balanced I got the leak fixed yesterday that sucked how much fuel was wasted on the way home.

I am glad we made it up that grade on hwy 17 the egts were getting a little toasty :eek:

now I need get the exhaust brake fixed

#26 ·
Good lookin Trailer Andrew. But you are definately gonna need a bigger truck pretty quick if you are serious about it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.