Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Beans Modified Turbo

4K views 29 replies 14 participants last post by  250HD 
#1 ·
So, Whats the difference and a stock 03 turbo and a Beans Modded turbo?

#6 ·
Yup, I had emailed Innovative about it and they said they can get rid of the surge thru tuning.

#11 ·
I wish he would have tuned mine out.....cause I have his tunes, and they are nice but if ya hook a load ANY load to it, it surges like no end, and I have Erics tunes and 190' and he knew the modds when it was tuned so I wouldn't get my hopes up that he can just tune it out over the phone or email....maybe live.

#17 ·
as far as the tuning it's hit or miss on the surging. some of my friends had their surging issues almost completely fixed with tuning, and others have bad surging no matter what.
matt tried many different tunes and could not get my SS to stop surging, even eric's tunes helped quite a bit, but with large injectors the surging is worse than ever before. can't wait to go back to my s300.

as for your question, 200's would be more than up to the task bro. i'm running 200's and my 66/71 has no problems spooling up. it is a tad on the higher side of the rpm range for daily driving due to the fact i run an .85A/R housing on my turbine with it, but still not ill mannered you will be fine.

i'd wait if you plan on going to a diff setup in the future, why waste your time w/a VGTss or similar turbo. you will hate the surging, and there is the possibility that it can't be fixed w/tuning issues regardless of what you've been told. some people have had good luck, and others havent'

#13 ·
Mine had zero surge with 190's...towing up to 10K regularly.
Eric and Doug both wrote me surge free tunes for that combo.
There was some surge when I first installed it...it took a few tries but it was eliminated.

#24 ·
I have one on the truck but my ICP is giving me problems and need to change it. After I fix it I will go to the track and see what it does. I would say the whistle alone is the greatest mod I have done to my truck.LOL

#30 ·
i have never had any surge issues with the ss and i also never had tunes built for it. i only ever ran the race ture that was for my factory charger and it worked great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.