Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Leveling kits

4K views 46 replies 17 participants last post by  gjoski515 
#1 ·
Whats out there for the 05^ f-250's?

#14 ·
My truck has a 2 1/2" cage billit spacer bilstien 5100 shocks and rough country steering stabalizers with 325 65 r18 on the stock wheels. Imo it rides very nice. Just add f350 rear blocks and u-bolts and you have a truck that will fit 35s without rubbing.

#19 ·
Yeah I would definitely go aluminum spacers.... if only i could find billet garage and a price..... reason being a guy i met a while back has 20"x10" Moto metal 957's wrapped with 35x12.5x20 i think... almost new.... he told me to make him an offer.

#21 ·
Rough Country has a 3" lift/level, and I had it on my 05. Great coils,cheap price and includes shocks and rear lift, rode great. I did however add alignment cams, only use 2 degree ones, it lowers factory specs and cures death wobble. Think they added cams to the kit? Bought cams from KLM, have a infinitely adjustable set in my 06 and they are cool.

#24 ·
yes i will take pics.... we usually drink in the parking lot before class on mondays. Physics 2 is much more fun with a good buzz. he has a 06 KR too... with a 6" lift.... he decided he wants bigger wheels.... so i mentioned i might be able to take them off his hands for a while. :D

#25 ·
I don't think you'll clear a 35/12.50 on a 10" wide wheel under the stock suspension.

I run 325/60R18s on 18x8.5 Welds on my stock 07 and I know I'd definitely rub with that combo.

As for leveling systems, the Icon will give you the best ride with the progressive rate coils, specifically valved shocks and it does come with the cams to correct your caster from the lift.

Since you have a F-250 you'd need bigger blocks and u-bolts which are included in this setup:
http://trucktoyzstore.com/realm/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=111&idproduct=55

10% off taken during checkout and we Have Free Shipping on it.

Another quality option would be the Bilstein BTS 2.25" setup. Also uses progressive coils and specifically valved front shocks:
http://trucktoyzstore.com/realm/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=111&idproduct=1043

If you hit the configure button you can add rear shocks, blocks, caster cams, etc.. I would recommend all of them with the BTS system for a F-250.

An adjustable trac bar is a nice addition to either system to assure that the front axle remains centered under the truck.

Both the Icon and the Bilstein will ride better than stock with the progressive coils that they use.

We also do offer the BDS spacer setup which includes the cams and BDS shocks, but I would recommend upgrading to either the Bilsteins or Icon shocks:
http://trucktoyzstore.com/realm/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=111&idproduct=1245

#26 ·
Thanks Dan, yeah option 1 is a little out of my price range... especially when i buy tires at the same time :doh:

Option 2 looks nice.... but with the Cam added on its $511... then if i upgraded the rears to bilsteins its another $134, which brings it to 645.... still out of my price range....

Option 3 seems do-able... billet spacers and cams for 287.... then with Bilsteins all around, its 393.... I could probably do that.... I still have yet to get a price and see if the wheels will "suit" my truck.

now is the Lat link necessary? does the leveling kit really throw the front end that far outa whack?

#30 ·
I'll have a 2.5" skyjacker suspension lift for sale pretty soon. Just gotta put my 4.5" Dr on first. Will also have a set of used 33's, nitto terra grapplers. Those can go at anytime if someone wants them. I can still fit 35's with the skyjacker kit.

#32 ·
Shoot me a PM... if you have some pics that would be great! I don't exactly have the extra cash right now but I would like to keep it in mind.

#33 ·
Jesse if you need to do something cheap for now to get by, I wouldn't hesitate to use something like the Tuff Country spacer and a 350 rear block. You will pretty much have to spend the money for the rear block and u-bolts no matter what you do.

I have the Tuff Country and can't really complain about it for the money. I would like to get the front end aligned to take care of the slight bump steer, but it's nothing major. The truck tracks as straight as day one and with as much as 10k miles since the last tire rotation, I don't see any tire wear issues.

Everybody says that you don't need shocks for a 2.5" leveling kit, but my "Rancho" shocks were at least 1.5" short.

#36 ·
I have a set of F350 rear blocks availiable if anyone needs them. pm me if you are interested.

Also...I ran the Daystar poly spacers on my truck for 3 years with no problems. No distortion, no cracking, no flexing. When I pulled them off they looked as good as the day I put them on 3 years ago.

#37 ·
I run billet garages 2inch kit. I got them from him on ebay about a year ago. My truck sits level with them. I run 35x12.5x18 Toyo MT's on stock rims with no rubbing. I also installed a 2 inch drop panhard bar bracket to keep the front axle somewhat in line. 2005 f-350 with snow plow package front springs and camper package rears. With the 35's it will not fit in my garage with the standard 7' tall door

#38 ·
hey if you dont mind.... you have any pics of that set up? that is very similar to the setup i plan on doing.... 35's on the stock 18's..... not sure if i want to spend the coin on 20's thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.