Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

How solid are the '10's?

2K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  j0hnburks 
#1 ·
I have pretty well narrowed it down to 1 truck now. It is a '10 F450 KR 4x4 with 120K miles. It looks to be all southern highway mileage as there are no rock dings and the front bumper looks like new as do the front of the dually fenders. The build date is 09/09 and so Im thinkin this truck should be alot more trouble free then the 08's or '09's...whats yer opinion?? I can get this truck for 30 G's, so for a 3 year old truck Im thinkin its a pretty good buy.

#2 ·
i picked up my 2010 f350 drw kr with 32k miles and have had zero issue with it. payed $35k for it

#11 ·
auto trader, friend of mine just picked up a 2010 ccsb lariat with 10k miles for $40k
OK guys, I'm about to pull the trigger on a '10 F450 King Ranch w/ 120K. It seems like the '10's were pretty descent if maintianed and operated properly, so for a mint truck with those miles for $30K...it might be a good deal?
..sounds like ur getting a good deal!

#8 ·
auto trader, friend of mine just picked up a 2010 ccsb lariat with 10k miles for $40k

#6 ·
I just went over 85,400 miles on a F350 CC SB FX4. I have really only had a couple of problems. I had the CAC changed out due to the condensate build up in the CAC when running at a steady state in cool damp weather and a click in the steering wheel when I make left turns some of the time.

Ford did replace a vacuum pump right after I purchase the truck.

Other than these few problems I can’t complain. I do my own maintenance, making sure that I keep the fluids changed out on time and I also use a fuel additive Diesel Kleen.

The trucks are tuff.

IMHO

#18 ·
Yep, that's a lot of hours for 120k miles . My 07 has 3800 hours for 115k miles.

#16 ·
just talked to the guy, the engine hours are 7755...is that alot for 120K miles??
math comes out to avg 15 mph. throw in alot of idle time but still seems like alot of city type driving. id go with what there is always a good deal to be found depends on how long you look and how quick you need it. i looked for months hours a day on computer checking within 500 miles and finally found a 96 exlb 5 spd 7.3 with 100k on it for 7,000$ came with a 5,000$ plow as well that was only used on that truck 2 times.

#17 ·
Well guys, I bit the bullet n bought this truck last week. I am flying out there tomorrow (Wed) and will be drivin it off their lot on thursday mornin. I am gonna take it to the nearest Ford dealer n have em change all the fluids, rear end included and filters so hopefully I can have some peace of mind to drive it the 2150 miles home trouble free...

#19 ·
That is a lot of hours.
I have a 2010 with 95K miles and only 2326 hours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.