Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

injector project

14K views 124 replies 13 participants last post by  Roush4_6 
#1 ·
so i want to replace/rebuild my injectors... i was thinking rosewood injecors cause of the price and i have read good things about them.
i was gonna go with the stage 2s originally but i thoug why not just go with their stage 3 single shots with 100% nozzles for not to much more money.
while i was in there im planning on replaceing the glowplugs and injector harnesses (from ebay), and my up pipes are leaking so i was gonna replace them with bellowed up pipes (from ebay as well), and since i was going with bigger injectors i was wondering if the new ww2 would work until i have enough for a new turbo. and who should i have retune my 6 pos chip?
sound like a good plan or what would you do different?
thanks in advance

#3 ·
not sure, how do i figure out if i do or not?

#5 ·
alright thanks. ill ckeck that out

#6 ·
01 should be pmr. Some rare 2000s have been found with forged with 99 motor build dates, or so iver read. If you still have the sticker on the pass valve cover, it will denote year of motor.
I have a mid year 03 truck, motor is an early 02, stupid pmr.

I do like the WW2, i was about to purchase a used 38R, but figued id give this a try. good product so far.
Boost is up
Egts are down
Ebp is down

= happy turbo

#7 ·
I love my Full Force Diesel Stage 1 single shots with Matt Robinson@Gear Head Automotive tunes. Sticks are $1,095 and they now have new stock nozzles(can get 30 or 100%). I paid $400 for new 6pos chip when buying sticks. I would highly suggest these sticks or the equivalent. Rosewood are to expensive I believe. Full Force come with a 18 mth unlimited mileage warranty.

DO NOT BUY CHEAP EBAY GLOW PLUGS OR HARNESS. USE ONLY FORD MOTORCRAFT PARTS. Also recomend looking at the new Dorman bellowed up pipes. One online company sells them for $192 shipped. Everyone seems to love the Gen II Billet Wicked Wheel from Diesel Site.com. you'll need 62-65 psi of fuel pressure for the stage one sticks so you'll need a $42stock fuel bowl reg. Return spring kit from dieselo-rings.com, a $170 FRX Regulated return crossover from Riff Raff Diesel, or a full on Regulated Return set up costing up to $1100.

#12 ·
ford glow plugs(or international) are the best..
but at $885 rosewoods stage 2's are less expenssive then full force stage 1's..

your regulated info is also a bit off in that a full on fuel system with filters pumps, and reg return is 1xxx. riff raft has decent budget level fuel mods but theses are not full regulated systems , they may be adequate for 400 hp rides , but far from diesel innovations or strickly diesels full reg return.

dieselsite also has the ww2 ..dont befooled by a billet wheel bobs wheel is custom shaped.

#8 ·
dude u must dump ####ing smoke everywhere what is that like 400 plus horsepower on the top setting on those tires must haul

#11 ·
I've been told that my set up should dyno at 325-350 honest real wheel HP and 750-850lbs. ft of torque. I would guess lower end as I know that my compression is way low. Was 325-350psi 200k miles ago. I get virtually ZERO smoke unless towing in top tune she'll lightly haze without rpms. Everyone comments how well and clean my truck runs. And my #8 cylinder it leaking all around the manifold. Once.leak is sealed I'm buying thr new Gen II Billet Wicked Wheel from Diesel Site. Also doing the EBVP Elimination.

I've been towing daily with this set-up since 397khe and I'm now at 478k.

#21 ·
do explain please!
and thank you

#15 ·
[/QUOTE]
your regulated info is also a bit off in that a full on fuel system with filters pumps, and reg return is 1xxx. riff raft has decent budget level fuel mods but theses are not full regulated systems , they may be adequate for 400 hp rides , but far from diesel innovations or strickly diesels full reg return..[/QUOTE]

What your referring to is for competition use, now riffraffs system is a great entry level as mentioned, and works very well, i would bet its more capable than you believe as stock fuel systems have made 500 hp, just not recomended. The irate RR is bowl delete, no difference in function than the others youve listed, just designed with all stainless tubs vs, hoses.
The only item required for the irate kit is a fuel filter pre pump kit, fairly inexpensive, and is required for all three systems in mention with bowl delete.

No pump has beaten the reliability of the stock SD pump, and capable of 600 hp.
Swamps only uses factory SD pumps, if you require more than that, they have a plate to run two of them :)

#16 ·
The stock fuel bowl will suport 600.
You will need larger lines and a second stock pump wuith its own powersource relayed off the oem..to do 600 as well. Very simple to do.
But as stated no pump has proven as reliable as a stock.
Tank mods and prepump filters are a good idea as well.

#17 ·
im looking for a solid 400-450 hp truck. more would be better but dont think its in my budget for a while.
so im confused... do i need a regulated return or not? lol

#19 ·
thank you!
preferences? something not too exspensive would be nice.lol

#20 ·
I recently asked and the $170ring Riff Raff Diesel FRx Regulated return set up seems to get good reviews. But I still can see a $500in kit being better since even with the Riff Raff Diesel kit you'll want a pre-pump kit that runs $160. So choices abound.

#23 ·
You can't regulate the FRX can you? That would be a big difference. When I first put my RR on from Strictly(ITP then), I could not believe the response difference.

#25 ·
FRx comes with like 3 springs for different fuel pressures. Made of a new better hoses also.

#29 ·
so i think im gonna go with a full rr. and if i got their stage threes could i get by with my stock turbo with a ww2 wheel and just have the tuning done accordingly? and who do you guys reccomend for some sweet tunes?

#30 ·
and does anyone have an idea on whats the turn around time to have them built at rosewoods?

#31 ·
I dont think a stock turbo even with a ww2 would live past 400 horse for long. As for tunin Jonathan at no limit tunin, formerly of beans gets my vote. You could put a huge set of injectors in there but if you never plan to run them to their full potential its a waste of money imo

#32 ·
ok, makes since, so should i go with the single shot stage 2s then?

#33 ·
Last i seen Rosewood was about a week out, but im sure that changes every week.
Most of the injectors are reasonably priced.these are all good options.
P.I.S has there new 180/30 out or 180/100
Farmers or Full force 160/100s
Rosewoods 160/80s

As far as a stock turbo, well time will tell, but up untill now, guys were overdriving the turbo with back pressure in the 50s, destroying the rotating assembly, thats not the case today.

Cant go wrong with anyones full RR. But for the money, i like Irate.

I vote No Limit tuning.

#34 ·
so with stage 2s and everything else im doin, how long do you think my tranny will last?lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.