HPOP REBUILD? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Home Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum > Super Duty 1999-Current > 7.3L Power Stroke Technical Info
Register Members List Timeslips Calendar Auto Loans Sponsors Becoming a Sponsor Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PowerStrokeNation.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-13-2007, 10:04 PM
Jake N
Good Times
Member's Gallery

HPOP REBUILD?

Alright, I work at a shop and we just got a late 99 stroker in for an oil leak, we are going to replace the HPOP, so my question is how or who can rebuild it? I want to put it in my 97. (I would love to have duals but not until I do other things first)

Jake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2007, 12:07 AM
JohnT
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

Send a message via AIM to JohnT
Re: HPOP REBUILD?

I dont think you can actually rebuild it without special tools.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:08 AM
gregrob
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake N View Post
Alright, I work at a shop and we just got a late 99 stroker in for an oil leak, we are going to replace the HPOP, so my question is how or who can rebuild it? I want to put it in my 97. (I would love to have duals but not until I do other things first)

Jake
Why are you replacing it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Go to the top
Old 09-14-2007, 01:33 AM
Jake N
Good Times
Member's Gallery

Well first I need to find out if it is a 17* pump. If it is I would like to switch it.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:56 AM
gregrob
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Well first I need to find out if it is a 17* pump. If it is I would like to switch it.
If it's a late 99, it is a 17 pump.

Why are you taking it off the super duty? What are the symptoms?
Old 09-14-2007, 02:22 AM
THEDIESELMAN
Corona Killa
Member's Gallery

Like gregrob said if it is a late 99 then it is a 17* pump. I would PM TerminatorEngineering he should be able to tell you if you can or can't rebuild it yourself.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:16 AM
TerminatorEngineering
Sponsor
Member's Gallery

In your very first post, you mentioned a leak. Find the leak, replace the O rings(on all external fittings/plugs), and use it.

Anything beyond replacing O rings, requires replacement of the pump as a core. Nobody offers a rebuild kit, and if they did, special tools would be required.

SDRCM #7
Old 09-14-2007, 04:22 AM
Jake N
Good Times
Member's Gallery

It may be leaking out of the back of the pump, where the snap ring is. Don't know yet, I hope it is just an o-ring, but we will see. Thanks for the help everyone.

Jake
Old 09-14-2007, 11:39 PM
daytondiesel
PSN Local
Member's Gallery

Quote:
It may be leaking out of the back of the pump, where the snap ring is. Don't know yet, I hope it is just an o-ring, but we will see. Thanks for the help everyone.

Jake
if you are replacing the pump you will need to send it back for a core, I don't know of any place that sells them new no core. even rexroth (bocsh) requries a core for us service dealers.

Jay
1/8 9.63 et 69.89mph
1/4 15.28 et 86.57mph
MAXXED DIESEL MOTORSPORTS
"It ain't cheap to be cool"
Old 09-17-2007, 02:57 AM
bbbxcursion
ARMY bound
Member's Gallery

You have a customers truck in for repair, sounds like it needs an o ring, but you sell him the entire HPOP so you can have it for your own truck??? That's pretty dick.........

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 117
00f250, 389SixPack, 444smoker, 4SFED444, 69W900A, 7.3 millwright, adamc, aklim, AMB, area42g, Arisley, badford350, bandit67, Barnbuilder, Bartman, bbbv4711, Big B, bigbluthunder, Bigstevex4, Blowby, Bob K, boggerr, Bushwakd, ccarrier, cemeyer, cody32, CooterBrown, copracr, cota, Country, CSIPSD, dag, Dave70454, daytondiesel, Deputydog, dirtbikedingo, dogmaticus, Doodie, DPS0925, DSALF250, duncan351, fbilly420, fishinfool98, fobrnno, fordsrbetter, fordtrucksrule7, glamis_dave, godofdew11, goodintentions, Haul_n_horses2, Haz-Matt, hotwheels, Jack_Toepfer, Jake N, joediesle, JohnDeere9610, kip4234, machinehead, MakinWaves, markbrown47, marx96, mech2161, MJR95PSD, moremph, MrBill1, NEVRNF, oldschool, orthopod, Pat T., PatriotsWanted, patterson-construction@ho, pc97f350, Pipewhiner, plainredtruck, Pocket, powerstroking7.3-444, PowerStrokingMachine, PwrStrokinDually, racehauler, Redfish, RevBubba, Rockcrusher, RockinJW, schmity, SD01WD, sheboyganjohn, sled hauler, smorris, spyder777, srlaws, teena, TerminatorEngineering, THEDIESELMAN, thehammer69, Tim @ P.I.S., tjbeggs, Tom S, TomzToyz2, Toybreaker, trick76cj5, TRX370r, TurboDiezel, TxFire, vapstroke, w4racing, Whiteout, wyocountryboy