Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

3K views 45 replies 7 participants last post by  F250Munday 
#1 ·
I warmed my truck (06 F250 KR) up at work and drove home I was at full operating temp when I got home, one of my neighbors honked his horn at me as a joke so I cracked the throttle quick for a laugh then the truck sputtered and shut off and now wont restart and has no oil pressure according to factory gauge I dont have fancy scanner equipment or anything PLEASE HELP!!!!!! Im going nuts.

#2 ·
Check sensor for low pressure oil. Also take top off oil filter have someone crank and see if it fills with oil of does then bad sensor truck need to see 5-7 psi to start

#3 ·
Any got a location pic of ICP so I can unplug it and try to run it.

#5 ·
I pulled the oil filter out and had a friend crank the truck the housing fills with oil does that mean my oil pump is still working

#8 ·
on top of pass valve cover,near the front, try that first

#9 ·
I have a 06 that is where it is

#10 ·
its your IPR vavle. Ill almost garentee it! I did the EXACT same thing a month ago. I promist you that if you pull your IPR vavle out that you'll see a torn screen... sucks to do, but itll solve your problem

#11 ·
I unplugged the icp and still no start I will have to try an find a IRP valve any way to change it out without special socket.

#12 ·
After oil filter housing filled it drained back down without doing anything does that mean anything.

#13 ·
Is the IPR valve a strong possibility since the problem was so sudden without even a sign of failure.

#15 ·
Do you have the oem oil filer and OEM OIL FILTER CAP ??
Have you had any recent engine work oil/egr cooler ??
Charging system/batteries good. (ficm power) ??

#16 ·
Im not sure on filter and cap as I bought thuck a month ago ficm is 49.5 I was gonna do egr delete this weekend along with full 5w40 sythetic oil change and upgraded fuel press regulator kit

#18 ·
Make sure you add a coolant filter to that list, probably more important than anything on your list so far. You are moving in the right direction from what I see though.
Get the ScangaugeII or something nicer if budget allows but get some gauges

#17 ·
What you really should do is: Get a ScangaugeII!!

Go to Auto Zone and pick one up, it's a on the shelf item there it will cost you $160.00
It was the best money I ever spent on my truck. With it you can see what is working and ahats not, you leave it plugged in and it becomes the trucks gauges. Oil cooler temps,coolant temp,ficm, injector pressre,ipr,egrmaf and on and on it is also a code reader.
Buy that and figure out what you need to buy instead of guessing and throw parts at it.

#19 ·
I have an edge insight, and I dont have a ton of money to through around I just dont see how it was running fine then just nothing but cranking.

#20 ·
Yea I hear you. Edge is reading ficm so you can throw that out. Does it read ICP (INJECTOR OR HPOP PRESSURES?)

#21 ·
No it doesnt, I have one too lol. Yes you can do the IPR without the socket, but its harder. A wrench is doable but you'll have to loosed the turbo. At least I had too... And yes a failed IPR will go with NO warning. It'll do what you described. What happens is, you got some blockage on the screen, when you puchched the gas, it created pressure, and the screen was sucking in, and the blockage didnt allow enough oil to go through, so it sucked harder, and POP goes the screen. No you have NO pressure to run the injectors... Believe me on this one, thats your issue

#23 ·
It does ICP volts and that read .3v Key on engine off

#24 ·
Would that also cause the factory oil pressure gauge to read no oil pressure

#25 ·
If you crank it long enough it'll read, after about 15-20 seconds of continuous craning itll pop up if its a smaller tear. But yes, it can cause that if its a bad tear.

#26 ·
I don't have the conversion on voltage for the hpop system. I need to get to work for a while but will see how it's going for you.
There are a lot of smart guys here that will chime in and help you out.

What you need to do first is find the voltage to psi conversion for the ICP. If you are down on the ICP that is your problem no doubt.
A scangauge can read the IPR duty cycle and tell you whar % it's being commanded to do. Now beibg commmanded and actually doing it is two different things.

If the pressure is down it's either a leak or theIPR is bad like CZ28 is saying. If its low then pull out the IPR and look at the screen assy for material or concaved in from debris or missing the screen all together.
There are a few things that cause it but find out what it looks like first.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.