Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Baby Swamps vs Rosewood

25K views 36 replies 16 participants last post by  Jchappy12 
#1 ·
Lookin for any input for when i swap out my stock injectors on my '97. Budget is in question as these seem to compare( not worried about 200 bucks). Will be running stock turbo for awhile. Will be upgradeing tranny and also FMIC first. Thanx

#2 ·
Depends on your budget.

#3 ·
'Swamps list at $1000 and the comarable Rosewoods are $1200. As said not worried about $200 but looking for how they compare to each other, value etc

#6 ·
I like the 5 year 200,000k warranty on the Swamps.

But I also have had ZERO issues with Rosewoods injectors.

I think you would be good to go with either

Baby swamps are 150cc injectors

Rosewood, which one are you looking at? Available from 90cc-160cc, new, rebuilt, budget build?

7.3s dont have FMICs, thy have IDMs

#7 ·
Was looking at the rebuilt stage ones, and yes will do a hpop too, but one thing at a time. Stockers are already leaky now, so when $$ come available would prob do hpop after

#8 ·
Was wondering what a IDM is, CX Racing advertises thiers as a fmic. It does mount to the front right, not as a top mount like a stock subaru? Just.assumed its a fmic if it mounts to the front

#10 ·
I see the confusion, i was refering to front mount intercooler, not a ficm haha!

#12 ·
Jim at Rosewood hands down.....

#13 ·
^ have you ever ran baby swamps? How can you say "Jim hands down"? $200 bucks less for babies, with a 5 year 200K mile warranty...

Not to mention will jim reburn your chip for your new injectors for free? Swamps will.

#17 ·
DSL JIM - Swamps does NOT include all those as I had a problem when he got my cores and charged me an extra on 3 injectors. I don't remember the cost increase.
Your price for all that is very good indeed.

#27 ·
To OP, just read this whole thread, I am sure you will be happy with either injector, as they will both be worlds ahead of your leaky stock injectors. I will tell you the big difference I see here (and I haven't done "business" with either of the two companies) is that Jim is here willing to help you understand and make an educated decision. I have not seen him say anything negative about anyone else's injector, but did offer some information about his product (what new parts he uses, etc) I have spoken with Jim in the past about information that would never put money in his pocket, and he gave me all the time and patience to help me make a good decision. I think you are somewhat comparing apples to oranges, and really need to determine what the finished product is that you want and work your way back to the injectors. I always get asked "how much power do you want to make, than we can help you make decisions" A NUMBER (I didn't care if the truck made 500hp/1000ft.lb if it was going to be 1500* when towing through the hills) was never what I was after, capability of my truck was the ultimate goal for me. I am sure both companies will help you with whatever you need, but make sure you know what it is that you want when you are done. "Do it right the first time"

#28 ·
Wanted to say thanx to all for the info. Like all of us times are strained, I have two of these wonderfull trucks to maintain so my main goal is simply replace broken ( or worn) with better newr parts. hp is always wanted but tryin to keep it on the road as long as possible between downtime required repairs. with all this is also have 5 quads ( in the fam) a utv, a super moto ( dual sport) and a 1967 f250 project i have to split my time and money between. needless to say i appreciate the feed back and since i am new here but not to builds in general there will be more to come in the way of questions. with that said most of my posts on here will be after ive read about a said part or parts and am lookin for real world advice as to what really works or isnt worth the time. Thanx again

#31 ·
160's usually run pretty good on a 17*. Tuning, pump performance, injector poppet seal all have a hand in how good the pump and injectors play together. I've never set an HPO code but others have with similar parts.

#35 ·
depends on tuning. I have seen alot of trucks run around with 15*s and babies with no issues whatsoever. I love the way babies and a chip run, I've debated on going with that set up in my grey truck actually and getting rid of the 3/2's

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.