Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

What brand ball joints are holding up the best in the superdutys?

9K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  Snake 
#1 ·
I'm going to be doing the free spin hub conversion and wanting to know what u joints y'all are having the best luck with? Also u joints? I'm thinking spicer on the joints and I've always gone with moog joints but never on a heavy duty truck like this. I really only want to do this job once in the next 100k at least! Thanks for any input..

Oh and my truck is a 2000 f250 4x4

#2 ·
Lots of the guys here are saying xrf brand. I'm gonna try them, i just went through a set of moogs on my 99' .

#3 ·
I just put a pair of xrf ball joints on today. I heard that they are the best right now... and a great price.

#11 ·
Yup...you are right about that....they are in the top 5...

1. Dynatrac ball joints:

High strength billet steel
and heat treated bodies.
Super strong chromoly steel, heat-treated stems.
Fully greaseable on the truck.
Heat treated, precision ground stainless steel ball conforms to Military specifications.
Teflon coated internal wear points.
Fully-adjustable cup support protects against severe road impacts.

2. XRF

Cold forged ball stud of SAE4140 steel(mid grade steel)
Stud heat treatment for omni-directional strength
Forged housings of SAE1045 steel give XRF ball joints the extra strength to have almost double the stud pull-out strength of our competitors

3. Moog

housings are forged and/or machined from a single block of fine-grain alloy steel
powdered-metal gusher bearing to allow grease to penetrate bearing surfaces

4. Walmart brand or Kmart brand...(LOL)

5. OEM

#13 ·
I wouldn't dismiss the OEM balljoints so quickly. I have read nothing but positive reveiws (granted not that many) and they now the OEM's come with zerk fittings at a fair price. I look at it this way; I have a 12 year old truck with over 125k miles, with heavier wheels/tires than it originally came with AND they aren't even greasable AND the the balljoints still have no play in them. Compare this to many posts I've read where Moogs and some others didn't give near the service of the originals. I find alot of the OEM items to be superior to some of the Auto Parts store/aftermarket brands. I am sure the Dynatracs are a hell of a product (they are even US made) If I was running a big lift and tires they might be money well spent, but when mine need replacing, I'll just go back to the originals.

#15 · (Edited)
#17 ·
Moog!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.