Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

I received my Swamps injectors yesterday.

3K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  PowerSTOKED_Bryan 
#1 ·
I received my Swamps 200/30 stage 2 hybrid injectors and TS chip with Swamps tunes yesterday. The guys at Swamps have been great so far. I also picked up some new Ford glowplugs and injector hold down bolts. I think mabe I should have gotten new Uvch's just incase. My tunes are Daily_A4, HiIdle_B2, Hot_Daily_A1, Tow_P6, Drag_3B, 4500_Xtrm_A3 . I can't wait for tomorrow to install everything. Any last minute tips to help out with the install would be great. Wish me luck.

#2 ·
pull your injectors and glowplugs out then turn the engine over by hand to make sure you get all the oil out. Then put the injectors in and turn the engine over some more by hand incase there is still some oil in it. if no oil shoots out the glow plug holes you can put them in and button everything else up. drive it easy for the first 10 or 15 miles then you can get on it harder to work the air out. it will be hard starting until you get all the air out. good luck it should be a fun ride!

#3 ·
make sure your batteries are 100%.
use a magnet to catch the keepers and or block the drain holes.

#5 ·
Make sure to loosen your oil spouts before removal of the injector. I've had a bunch break on me when I get lazy. Also remember take out the top 10mm bolt then push up on the injector hold down then pry them out.

#6 ·
when i do it, i do one side at a time. take all 4 injectors out and all 4 plugs...if you want to avoid a mess i put uvch and valve cover on and crank it over(also i unplug cam sensor). then put all 4 injectors in and bolt them all, then either lay a heavy rag over it or set valve cover back and crank over again to be sure all oil is out...put plus in and button that side up(i start on drivers side). do same on opposite side and i normally let the valve cover off when i start it cuz i like to see the oil coming from the oil spouts...even though i dont let the other side open to see that. there is a good chance that it'll smoke blue for a good 10-15 miles....like extreme smoke that looks unhealthy, no worries as its just the oil that ran in on the pistons and is in the exhaust.

its much easier than it sounds and after you do it once it goes alot faster.

also be sure injector are seated fully, use a plastic hammer or rubber mallet to sock them in the hole, being careful to not damage selenoid.

#7 ·
I just cranked it over to get the oil out, I'm getting close to finishing. All is well so far.

#8 ·
Gotta love the anticipation,:ford:

#10 ·
No oil out the oil spouts yet. Waiting for batts to charge and starter to cool.

#11 ·
It's alive! It sounds Tuff!! I only went for a short ride in the stock tune on my Swamps chip. I think it has a little less power in STOCK than my old 80e tune had. Power WOW!!

#12 ·
it sure is a great feeling to put in some injectors. when i put in my first set, i remember grinning from ear to ear. after a few it just becomes another basic mod. just wait until you are able to turn it all the way up

#22 ·
Injectors are in. Awesome smooth power. Shifting is great. It feels like a different engine and transmission. I have only tried my lowest tune "Daily". It's close in power to my old 80e. At idol it seems like the injectors are a bit louder than stock. So far the tuning and injectors seem like they are perfectly matched. I LOVE it so far.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.