Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Dodge Towing Mirror Conversion

67K views 71 replies 37 participants last post by  martinbrown283 
#1 ·
I was sick and tired of the stupid factory mirrors on my CCLB and hell even the mirrors that were on all of my OBS trucks.

So my girlfriend got me a set of dodge flip out mirrors for christmas.

I had drawn up a few files in Solidworks and had them cut on the plasma table.

Here is a paper copy of one of the files from solidworks.

Just slid on for alignment purposes. They were right on target, and they should be hidden for the most part once welded, just beable to see the bottom part.

ill have to do the bondo and paint once it warms up some. But here they are.

The furthest forward bolt is hard to get to, had to make it a stud and put a nut on it, the other two bolts are visable from inside the truck and easily tightened from the inside with the wing window open.

Welding to the doors was hard because of how thing the metal is there.

I love driving with these things. The mirrors show much more than the stock pedistals.

Figured I would share with you guys. I can have more cut on the plasma table is people are interested, but it is amazing how much nicer these mirrors are and how inexpensive they are.

Here is a view driving down the highway.

Dodge towing mirrors on OBS Ford - YouTube

I have had a few people interested in plates. I am going to have more cut. If interested please PM me.

See less See more
#3 ·
2 questions: first how did u attach the plate to the truck and how much do u want 4 the plates

#5 ·
I would be willing to bet u could get a sponsor on here to buy them from u to sell on there website

#11 ·
I want a set of plates!! if you dont end up selling the plates id buy a template so I can make my own, yours look like they fit perfectly!

#12 ·
:doh: this is an all new low! dont go around towing ghost trailers like all the dodge guys do!

#15 ·
my son has a 84 ford, and possibly trading up to a 96, he wants tow mirrors like my dodge!lol have you figured up price for the plates???

#18 ·
Looks good can you pm me with a price
thx

#22 ·
Looks cool

#32 ·
Well by you being a Moderator and by not shutting this down I must say,,,,,,,, That Sir makes you an" Enabler"

Definition of ENABLER
: one that enables another to achieve an end; especially : one who enables another to persist in self-destructive behavior by providing excuses or by making it possible to avoid the consequences of such behavior
LOL

#26 ·
would like to know if the window track on the passenger side give you any blind spots?

#28 ·
U gonna join the NITPA? (National invisible trailer pulling acc). I hope None of my cummins or dmax buddy's see this that's all I need is to have somebody see that. If rock no mirrors and take the tickets before I put a dodge part on my truck. Don't be butt hurt when others see this forum and the smack talk beings.

#30 ·
The mirrors are one of the best things I did to my obs. They are way better for what I do with the truck. Some love them some, hate them. It is kind of like black wheels, bed liner sprayed anywhere other than the bed, or trucks that sit low in the rear. I personally think that it all looks like ass, but it isn't my truck. If we all liked the same thing, it would be pretty boring around here. Just so someone else has something to complain about, yes my truck has a Cummins (from a Dodge) in it too. Booo-Hisss :poke: While yes it may be silly to some to leave them flipped up if you aren't towing, WHO THE HECK CARES, I left mine up all the time because it made it easier to see around the dually fenders. Not to mention they are manual, and I was tired of wearing out the upholstery just to reset them.
To MustangMatt, you did a good job, and Thanks for the write up, I forgot to take any pictures when I did mine, and it was hard to paint a picture with words for everyone that ask. Not that I mind helping anyone out, but that is a lot of typing for a guy that isn't too good at typing.

Reactions: barewuf
#34 ·
I'm gonna try to make a set of plates for the 08 super duty mirrors, its a good idea though, its all the guys who have new trucks saying this is a terrible idea haha they already have nice mirrors

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.