EGR valve blowing bubbles into degas bottle - normal deaeration or time to delete? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Home Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum > Super Duty 1999-Current > 6.4L Power Stroke - Aftermarket & Performance
Register Members List Timeslips Calendar Auto Loans Sponsors Becoming a Sponsor Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PowerStrokeNation.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-30-2012, 03:29 PM
RJD
PSN Newb
Member's Gallery

EGR valve blowing bubbles into degas bottle - normal deaeration or time to delete?

I have a puking H&S tuned truck. I figured it was time for studs and head gaskets but then I noticed the coolant line from my egr valve blows bubbles into the degas bottle, a steady stream of bubbles at idle. Could this be exhaust leaking past the egr valve, so that under load there is enough exhaust pressure to blow coolant out?

I've also read the coolant line from the egr valve is used as the deaeration port. Can someone explain more about how that works, and if the bubbles are a normal result of deaeration?

If I do need to end up doing the egr delete, which ones would you guys recommend? Is sinister any good? Should I run a wastegate as well? I don't think I'll ever go higher than the HD300 (but who knows....), just want a reliable truck at that power level, and if a wastegate will save me from having to do headstuds down the road, I'm all for it. Any recommendations on wastegates?

'08 6.4 H&S
Reply With Quote Go to the top
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2012, 03:40 PM
08BIGRIG
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

Re: EGR valve blowing bubbles into degas bottle - normal deaeration or time to delete

If you have bubbles coming out of your egr cooler, I would say that the cooler failed and needs to be replaced or removed from the truck. If you are going to replace it and keep them on the truck, I would go with something like the BulletProof egr coolers, or you will most likely have this problem again. If not, delete them and be done with a good egr delete.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:59 PM
RJD
PSN Newb
Member's Gallery

Re: EGR valve blowing bubbles into degas bottle - normal deaeration or time to delete

thats what I was thinking, but seeing that it is used as a deareation port as well has me second guessing myself, anyone else know anything about this?

and I would definitely delete, not upgrade. who makes good deletes? or should I ask, what deletes should I stay away from?
Old 01-12-2013, 04:39 AM
Muzbomb
GOT WOOD!!!!
Member's Gallery

make sure it is a full EGR delete!!!!
2009 F350 Lariat, 67's ceramic coated DP, Flo-Pro 5" downpipe back with6"tip, S&B Intake, Spartan, EGR delete, Icon 2.5" leveling kit with BDS trac bar, 1"TEI spacer, 5" rear blocks, Pro Comp tration bars, 20x10 Evulve chrome rims w35"Mickey Thompson MTZ, 20x8.5American Eagle rims w305/55R20 Studded Dura Trac, HID lights, Rigid 20"LED combo
Old 01-24-2013, 08:31 PM
NickNasty18
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

IF the coolant in the egr coolers gets too hot it only has one place to go which is the degas bottle. I would certainly do a full egr delete. I love mine. and as i have been told by everyone. No on the wastegate unless doing bigger turbos and spraying

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 124
'94IDITurbo7.3, 03sixspeed, 04fatboy, 08BIGRIG, 08farmerstroke, 08Ford, 08straightpiped, 08twinturbo, 19stroker97, 1slosvt, 51N15T3R, 9576brxlt, 97WhiteFlatty, Aaron S, alexd, B585Ford, BIGBLUEFX4, Bigdiezel, BigRedBlackSmoke, birddog18, blackedout7.3, Blk04Snake, bluedura, Bob B, boostgetsyoulaid, cbenn, CGCBandit, cmestrokin, Codyj, Corey08FX4, CrazyCowboy, CT9AIX, cummins kid, Custerpsd, Da Oops, deathfly, Deere8420, dieselfreek26, dieselonly, Diver86er, Dre, drewactual, Eric@PTP, F-250-Owner, Fireball57, footlong70, FORDMAN345, georgerosen06, gmoney284, Goatro, greaseltn, Grey6.0, HankyD, HECTOR-BDPOWER, hunter scar, jdgleason, jess, jflopez91, jlawhon27, jmkeck, johnnyroastbeef, jpatter2, Jtpappy6.4, jweis, jwewers, Jwh12776, kingranch1, ktmr334, LBF, LowDog63, Lysons, Map22, Martin #6, mclane187, MISTERgadget, MR.KITTEN, MrMike06, Muzbomb, mydually, N2Lake, NickNasty18, NVhunter83, oh-ate6.4PSD, one2nine, Pan4905, pooter, PowerPerformanceChainsaw, powerstroke6.4, raptor0690, rbunk350, red_93_l, Rescue48, riemer, RJC2, RJD, Rook, rudyfontana30, skobiak, Slowgt2003, slowmans, snopro_69, snorider99, sonnyy13n, Sparky351, speedkills502, surfdunn, swvaexcavator, TeamChampion12, tensixniner, thedynoguy, tisbister, TLee77, tonyt, tree trimmer, TRKracing, uga33, Uncle Buck, Ward, White_monster, whyjay, XHRcustoms, Zelaznr, _ubeenstroked_