Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Need help on lifting dually

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Jarrold03 
#1 ·
I have an 03 4dr 4x4 f-350 6.0. I debating on an 6, 8 or 10 inch lift. I dont pull much so thats not a concern. I had a 4 on my 01 f-250 and 35's with 22's but that was as big as i could go because of my rim size and tire selection. I want more of a wider tire selection. Probably going with 17 inch rims although i like my factory 16's, it seems the market is moving away from them. Ive looked all over google and other forums just cant seem to make up my mind. I will be installing 2 inch spacers in the back and I believe I need a 1 inch in the front. But this is were yalls expertise comes inn. I was thinking an 8 inch with 38's but not sure what options are on 38's anymore. Suggestions please.

#2 ·
I had 38" Nitto Terra Grapplers tires on my '00 F-350 DRW with a 6" lift. The tires were left on the factory 16" rims. Like you I think those are nice looking wheels when they're polished up. But that truck had an awesome stance. The tires filled the wheel wells without alot of empty space.

#4 ·
id go with an 8 inch lift and the semi wheel conversion.. its pricey but then u have 100k tires and they are about the size of a 38.. but if i were to do it id buy the adaptors then go to a tractor trailer, either scrap yard or truck center and price out wheels or even online

#5 ·
What kind of tires do you want to run? M/T? A/T? Semi? That might help some with deciding which way to go in terms of lift height and what tire size you want. What width are your current wheels?

#6 ·
Im currently running 265/85/r16 with a leveling kit. Im going to get my factory wheels powder coated gloss black because I like the style of those rims. So I will be staying with a 16 inch rim. I dont know which tire would be best to run. I was looking at military tires, just for the simple fact they will last and they will still support the weight load. But im pretty sure im going to need spacers so I can run a 12.50. Not sure whats available in a 35,36,37,38 in a narrow tire. I want to run mud terrain tires, I just hate that they dont last and I will be buying six of them every year.But I willing to pay for what I want just want to get whats best and going to last a lil bit longer.

#8 ·
I think im going to do a 6 inch with 385/70/r16 nitto mud grapplers. Im need to be sure on which spacer to buy, some people are saying a 2 inch and some say 2 1/2 and some say 3 inch. Nobody has mentioned which to run on the front though, I want to make sure they dont rub leaf springs and I can get full turning radius.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.