Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

6.4 Banjo bolts ????

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  2003ford 
#1 ·
I understand that you guys use 6.4 banjo bolts instead of the stock ones for the lines that go to the heads. But what about on some years, the banjo bolts that go into the secondary fuel filter assy??? Do you guys change those as well??

#3 ·
IIRC, on my 04, the feed line banjo into the fuel filter look fairly similar to one of the banjo's going into the head, but without the check valve in it. The lines that go from the fuel bowl to heads have what appears to be a compression fitting on the bowl end. You have me wondering if the two holes on the banjo going into the fuel bowl, are not supplying adequate flow at higher rpms.
Thanks for the post. :psn:

#4 ·
Thats what I was wondering!! If the "6.0 guys" are just changing the bottome two banjo bolts and not the fuel filter assy. ones, then its basically a waste right?? Just a thought I gues haha

#6 ·
I am going to have to call the shop that did my work and ask. Very curious.

#7 ·
I do recall the early 6.0s having a little different setup at the secondary housing. I think it was a nut at the return line instead of the larger banjo bolt. in any case, as far as I remember, all of the lines that go to the heads have a nut with an oring at the filter housing and not a banjo bolt. there is no restriction there other than the size of the line.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.