Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

2000 F250 new Icon lift

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  OBSWIZ 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I've been on here lurking forever and have gained a ton of great info from the forum. ( thank you )

I have a 2000 7.3L F250 and have finally started my "build" and just installed an Icon 4" lift on the old girl. My old springs were so bad, it actually raised the front 5.25". The rear was matched with a little rake ( not too much ). I went Bilsteins all the way around, and used a Rancho stabilizer ( shop had one in stock ).

My fabfours bumper and bushwacker pocket style flares are on the way.

The wheels immediately looked tiny after the lift, reminds me of a roller skate. It will look really funny after the bumper, and flares are on until I finally settle on a wheel set. ( still reading through the countless threads on backspace and offset ). I figured I would get the lift and flares on first, so I could actually measure the required rim/wheel width to put everything flush with the flares.

Next up: wheels (20"), tires (35" somethings), steering box, gas tank sending unit, drivers side seat bottom, intake and exhaust.

Anyways, here are a few crappy iphone pics after the install. And thanks to everyone on here who posts and answers questions.

See less See more
#2 ·
how is the ride? Which Icon kit did you go wtih? spring or shackle?

#3 ·
The ride is better than factory. I went with the springs, again the ride is phenomenal. The bilsteins are great as well. The truck rides better than new with the setup ( and new ball joints ). Really pleased with it.

#4 ·
Makes those tires look really tiny.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.