Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

2014 GMC

10K views 31 replies 22 participants last post by  anth 
#1 ·
It's been a while since I've been on here and since the field engineer was involved with the transmission issues all is well. With that said I saw the 2014 GMC today and I regret to tell everyone that if the 3500 HD has the same exterior and interior as the 1500 I am going back to what I know is tried and true. The Duramax/Allison combo.

Along with the new design is also a slew of safety features which caught my attention seeing as how I have another son due in April of 2013. So come next Fall I will most likely be driving a GMC again.

Sorry to disappoint everyone. Good luck with your Ford Super Duty trucks. I hope Ford get's their heads out of their asses and fix their Transmissions

#2 ·
at also looks like the 2014 has a striking resemblence in the cluster to the ford super duty....center message center, and gauge configuration...not super original....

just something i noticed

#3 ·
Wow I saw that new Chevy/ GMC and couldn’t stop laughing at the design and "new features" I did not think it was possible to make that truck any uglier, they proved me wrong. Those front sensors will be great for anyone who puts an aftermarket bumper, snow plow or anyone who actually uses their truck. The Duramax/Allison is a great setup, but I still can not believe that is all they could come up with after so many years of no changes. Ford and Dodge have to be laughing.

#4 ·
WTF does this have to do with the 6.7 psd tech section.....

Sorry to disappoint everyone. Good luck with your Ford Super Duty trucks. I hope Ford get's their heads out of their asses and fix their Transmissions
I think you should get your head out of your ass and learn where to post...

BTW youre the only one Ive heard of having transmission issues.

#6 ·
Where is everyone seeing this new 2014, I can't find jack. Every pic I see looks like the same ol gm.

#10 ·
I am a fan of both and still have an 02 duramax work truck,the fact that they have stuck with that combo so long and are still competitive performance wise is cool,that being said the current model trucks are ugly and look like a striped down model even in the Denali compared to my 2013 350,I was excited to see there all new desighn,as soon as I senn it today I was very saddened to see it just got worse,my god what a crapy looking truck in and out,speaking of trannys enjoy your limp mode if you add an extra 2 hp.

#11 ·
Guy in my company has had nothing but problems on his 2012 over the last 185k miles. Almost all trans & radiator related. It will slam from 5th to 2ndthe as well as other horrible shifting issues. He uses nothing but Ford parts and maitnance schedual also. Oh, it's high miles due to hauling new rv's. He got sick of it amd bought a 2012 Cummin, putting a driver in his Ford.

#15 ·
I love how GM advertises their "Professional Grade" trucks and then puts the DEF tank where it could be used to grade roads and neglects to even put a skid plate under it.

I think the 2013 Dodge pickups are going to do very well in the 1/2 ton truck market. GM's response is too little, too late, though I do like a few of the details, like the under rail lights in the bed. I'll never understand how that isn't a standard feature in every truck since 1990. I guess truck designers never load or unload their trucks at night.

#21 ·
I really thought gm was going to step up and really do something with this new model. Guess not. That interior some how got worse. I am a ford man but open to see what the others do. And for a lot of people that says ford does all the coping, can't really say anything now!!

#25 ·
Ehh, not true...

I plow snow with my 11' 1500, and find it be best 1/2 ton front suspension for handling a 800 lb. Fisher plow.
It carries it easily, drives like nothing is there, and if ballast correctly, very safe at any speed.

GM offers a 1/2 ton plow package, while Ford does not.......
Furthermore, Ford will cancel your warranty if you mount a plow of any type, so that says all you need to know about the F-150, isn't it?
I live near Buffalo, and I can tell you that there are hardy any Ford half tons that run a plow. 95% halfs are GM because they are the most capable of the bunch.

#24 ·
Ironically enough the transmission in my 2011 F350 Lariat CC Powerstroke is up to it's old tricks. Guess I spoke too soon. Please don't get me wrong, I love most of the truck with the exception of the transmission and the crappy fake wood grain and chrome plastic. I have 58000 miles on the truck and last Summer the truck spent five weeks in the shop as they tried to fix it. I know there are many other Powerstroke owners having similar problems with their trucks. As far as limp mode, my 01', 04', 08' never went into limp mode and the 04' and 08' were tuned. Granted I did a dpf delete on the 08' but not once did it go into limp mode. The last thing I want to do is start throwing stones. Like I said, I love the truck except the transmission. It has serious flaws. Goes into neutral by itself in between shifts, 5-7 second delay before going into reverse. I am a believer that if Ford puts more time into R&D on the transmission than it will be good. In my opinion that should have been done before releasing the truck into the consumer market.

#26 ·
I lived the pathetic weak front end on my 2500 GMC HD had a lot replaced under warranty at 60 k with no lift stock tires ,, when it failed again I sold it

such a common issue with that truck you can't defend that weak link unless u choose to BS

#27 ·
What's common?
I never had a problem with my 2500HD, and I plowed with a 950 lb. Fisher X-Blade for years on that truck..The tires wore perfect. It doesn't mean I didn't miss a problem with that suspension, I just have no complaints at all.
It doesn't get any more simple than a torsion bar suspension like the GM uses. It's about as basic as it gets with very few moving parts to go wrong. An upper and lower A frame and a bar that twists and is adjustable.
Just what is there to fail, unless you hit something.

Anyway, my 11' 1500 is a McPherson strut, and so is the new 1500.
We'll see what the new 2500HD comes out with next year. I won't be surprised to see the 3500 use a straight axle.

#30 ·
Company I work for has had many sfa and ifs trucks. 4 ifs GM front ends cost less over 200,000 miles than one sfa from any given brand that uses the setup. My part time boss plows with a 2500hd gmc and from listening to you guys that truck should have snapped in half several times now and twisted into a cork screw and broke all the front suspension components. He has been running it like a ramrod for 4 years and beat the thing with no mercy. 1 wheel bearing is all he had to do to it. The same guy had several wheels fly off sfa trucks that never had plows on them and actually had easy lives.

#31 ·
Exactly 99f250pows..

I plowed and towed for 4 years with my 2500HD with zero issues. It was a great truck.
There is nothing to go wrong with GM's torsion bar suspension, Those who say it falls apart.. I seriously question their opinion, and do not consider it at al because I put my truck through any reasonable road issues, like carrying a 950 lb plow for hundreds and hundreds of miles.
I currently own two Chevys and love them both, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.
I just prefer the look of the Super Duty.

#32 ·
I don't think it matters what truck you have it's going to break, the big question is when. Chevy has a pretty good truck and Ford has a pretty good truck everyone gets a bad apple at some point. Was I expecting something great out of Chevy you bet I was. Did they step up to the plate? Not really, heck the new Ram has air suspension will that become the standard I think it will. I hate to say it but the Ram has become the cutting edge with this last model. As far as arguing about front ends, I've owned both and all were hd's. As far as driving in the snow and slush I would much rather drive my Ford. The steering was easier and you could drive it where you wanted to go rather than have the wheel go in all directions. Also the drive terrain didn't hum at higher speeds like it did with my Chevy's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.