Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Top Gun Custom 4 link

17K views 64 replies 11 participants last post by  ol_blue97 
#1 ·
I have a ProComp 6" with the Procomp radius arms and wondering if anyone has a set of these on there truck. looking for some feed back good or bad. I have done a lot of reading on the 4 links and how much it improves the handling not to mention the ease of alignment.

05-10 Ford Super Duty F250/F350 4X4 4 4-Link Upgrade (Black)

Thanks

#2 ·
I had there 12" on my 06 and loved it.
I started with a drop radius arm kit swapped to there 4 link and never looked back. It is very well made and looks great. It gives you an unlimited amount of adjustment as well.

#3 ·
Thanks JD, and sorry to here about your truck catching on fire. I have been eye balling this 4-link for a while now and with Christmas coming I cant resist the urge no longer. The Procomp radius arms look great but they just dont provide any articulation for the front end.

#4 ·
There 4 link does. I had to try it out the day we put it on and wanted to see just how well it did. Just make sure you have some bump stops because it is just about limitless on how much travel it has.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#6 ·
OBSWIZ,
I do my best to support the forum vendors and would love to make a purchase from but, I am hell bent on a set of these 4-links.

Thanks Dude,

Paul

#7 ·
Dont limit yourself for just a name. I have a Pure Performance 6 inch 4 link lift on my 02 and a buddy of mine that builds Trophy Trucks commented on how Stout the 4 link arms where. My truck rides better than most 1/2 ton trucks.These forums are full of good ideas gone wrong. I like to do the research and do the job right the first time.
Just Saying

#9 ·
I would skip the TGC kit, unless you just love that look. I am not a big fan. The new stuff seems to more for looks than function.

If you are hell bent on a 4-link than look into the icon. If not I would push you towards the 3-link/radius arms by One Up Offroad. Tons of adjustability you can run them on a stock rig all the way up to the bigger lifts. Very easy to align and you will even have a tighter turning radius over the stock arms and a 4-link. They are expensive, but you get what you pay for.

#11 ·
Let me rephrase that the reason i say its not copied is because the 4 link has been out for quite some time. (i'm almost 100% pure wasn't the first to build one.) they're actually pretty simple to build. (if you can weld/fabricate) But i assure you there 4 link functions just as well as it looks. the last few days i had my truck i decided to see what they could withstand and they held up VERY well. i've run alot of there products over the years and have never had a problem with it.

#14 ·
I can guarantee you that they are almost an exact copy. TGC used to be Pure Performance dealer and they still buy parts from them like the joints and such. The TGC brackets are exactly like the Pure brackets and you will find many similarities in their other Ford and Dodge products. Their "Black Ops" shocks are Pure Prodigy shocks just anodized in black.

I know that Pure didn't invent the 4-link and they can't really patent the design unless there was some extemely unique feature. I just have a hard time respecting a company that copies other companies hard work.

#12 ·
Wow... didn't think this would open up to such a discussion on this topic. they are all great set ups and yes some of them are very pricey. So many to choices to chose from its crazy and everybody has their favorites. I am looking at the Pure Performance now and the One Off Road.

#16 ·
:doh:OMG so many choices to chose from!!!!!

#19 ·
I have it narrowed down between OUO three link and TopGunCustomz. But I still have another week at work to make up my mind.
Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Bumper Car

Vehicle Auto part Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle

#21 ·
I don't really understand the point you're trying to make.

Because its not new technology, its not good? You seem to ignore the fact that no one offers a 4 link for less than 4 inches of lift. Therefore, 3 links offer a solution for those lifted less than 4 inches who want to maintain proper suspension geometry. OUO ALAs can be run on stock up to 6 inches of lift. These are the only aftermarket adjustable link arms that can be run on a stock suspension.

I really love when this 4 link vs. 3 link argument rears its head.

Honestly, I can't remember any member of this community ever posting a video of a 4 link cycling in real life. Yet, there are plenty of OUO videos showing proper suspension articulation with a 3 link setup. Makes you think...

I don't see people complaining about bumpsteer issues or needing to buy new sway bars with OUO ALA's. And, installation doesn't require any additional hardware. They bolt into the factory location. Seems like a win-win to me.

#29 ·
It in fact is. However everything within your statement of our arms being removed is incorrect. Im not looking to argue with you, so please let it at this. If the OP would like, there are plenty of members with our link arms that I would be happy to give their screen names so he can ask a users opinion.

4.5" kit with our floating traction bars

7" kit

#33 ·
Some things will never change, that is a fact Layson. You and a few other fellow OUO supports choose to try and slander me, my products, and anything associated with PMF. Have at it, Im not going to get into a forum cat fight. Its not my style and its not how I handle business. My customers mean more to me than that.

I never tried to discredit OUO, nor have I ever said they offer anything less than a top notch product.

As to GIVING someone parts and they turning around and buying OUOs, Im sorry but that something isnt right there because the only product I have ever given away was a pair of lift blocks to Scotty Bradshaw. Be it sponsorship or otherwise.

Mike D. (bigrpower), bought one of our first sets of 3-link arms that were going on Godzilla and I set them up so that they would work on it since it was lowered. He said that Dave was unsure if his arms would work on lowered setup. He decided to run OUO's in the end because our setup was too heavy for his liking.

There is no copying a 3-link arm, it is and has been around forever in various forms. Even before OUO existed. Did they build a 3-link before I did, yes sir. I offer a few key variations and am willing to taylor products specific to a buyer and in Jesse's case, he wanted Poly bushings for his upper and lower bars. Im sorry if you do not like the competition that another manufacturer provides.

As to copying OUO's text, I have no clue what your talking about. I dont remember if it was your or who but one of you made that same claim towards Jesse which was completely false aswell.

#34 ·
Some things will never change, that is a fact Layson. You and a few other fellow OUO supports choose to try and slander me, my products, and anything associated with PMF. Have at it, Im not going to get into a forum cat fight. Its not my style and its not how I handle business. My customers mean more to me than that.
I've warned you once. If you choose to keep attacking my credibility in this thread, after I have presented factual evidence to the contrary about the issue I raised, I will be forced to forward this conversation to my attorney and seek legal action.

#35 ·
How about some more truth...

Before I upgraded to the Icon rod end trac bar, I ordered a trac bar from Precision Metal Fab. That's right, I own something from PMF.

I was discouraged from the experience I had with the Icon rubber bushing and wanted something more heavy duty. I paid $550 for it.

After having to cut a chunk out of my engine crossmember to make it fit, I noticed that I had more bumpsteer than I did with a worn rubber Icon bushing.

I call and ask you what could be the problem and you had no answers. Originally, you told me it would cure my bumpsteer issues.

I had bumpsteer issues for another 30 miles before I had to take it off. Replaced it with the updated icon design and no more bumpsteer.

Since then, you have redesigned that Trac Rod and now offer an option that is more inline with the one Icon offers. With a more heavy duty joint, of course. Why did you change that design? Could it be that the puck used to replace the factory ball joint will never stay put. Why did you introduce a bend into the end of the bar? Could it be that proper suspension geometry cannot be maintained with that type of a bar?

I don't care how many guys on these forums deceive you into thinking you offer quality products. The average guy doesn't know what makes a truck drive right, nor how to fix it when things go wrong. If this is the case, then how are they to know if a bad design is the cause of their problems. They just assume it is how it is because they don't know any better.

Those that don't know any better give you positive reinforcement, which in turn, validates your inexperience, while those that do know better are left holding the bag and looking for another product.

It amazing what people will buy when products looks tough and heavy duty...unfortunately, its no replacement for a good design.

#36 ·
How about some more truth...

Before I upgraded to the Icon rod end trac bar, I ordered a trac bar from Precision Metal Fab. That's right, I own something from PMF.

I was discouraged from the experience I had with the Icon rubber bushing and wanted something more heavy duty. I paid $550 for it.

After having to cut a chunk out of my engine crossmember to make it fit, I noticed that I had more bumpsteer than I did with a worn rubber Icon bushing.
No engine crossmember mods are needed with our current bar. In the past before we had a bend in the bar, the lower lifted height trucks had to clearance the front lip of the crossmember.
I call and ask you what could be the problem and you had no answers. Originally, you told me it would cure my bumpsteer issues.
Depending on the drop trackbar bracket and pitman arm some setups are helped with our mount. Some are not and a new hole may need to be drilled in the upper track bar bracket. To my knowledge of any kit on the market that replaces the lower balljoint ours is nearest to matching the OEM geometry
I had bumpsteer issues for another 30 miles before I had to take it off. Replaced it with the updated icon design and no more bumpsteer.
Glad your now happy. I would have been happy to stand by my product and offer you a return or replacement.
Since then, you have redesigned that Trac Rod and now offer an option that is more inline with the one Icon offers. With a more heavy duty joint, of course. Why did you change that design? Could it be that the puck used to replace the factory ball joint will never stay put. Why did you introduce a bend into the end of the bar? Could it be that proper suspension geometry cannot be maintained with that type of a bar?
We began offer a direct replacement track bar because many people are looking for a direct bolt in setup and dont feel the need to replace the ball joint. It also offers 2 price points for different budgets. We have never had a problem with the puck going anywhere. It presses in place and then has a 1/4" thick washer on one side of the axle and a 1/4" fabricated basket on the other. Short of the mount breaking off of the axle there would be no way for the puck to move. The only purpose of the bend in the bar is to prevent the need for any crossmember mods. It does nothing to change the actually geometry of what is going on. Proper suspension geometry is very possible with this bar and there are tons of people with it that are very happy with it. Some applications it goes right in with mods, so may need to re drill a hole.
I don't care how many guys on these forums deceive you into thinking you offer quality products. The average guy doesn't know what makes a truck drive right, nor how to fix it when things go wrong. If this is the case, then how are they to know if a bad design is the cause of their problems. They just assume it is how it is because they don't know any better.

Those that don't know any better give you positive reinforcement, which in turn, validates your inexperience, while those that do know better are left holding the bag and looking for another product.
I have always and will always stand behind my prodcut. I answer my phone all all hours and days, answer questions and provide assistance with people looking for help, be that a potential customer or some random guy that needs help. Should someone have a problem with our parts, I am always here to correct it.
It amazing what people will buy when products looks tough and heavy duty...unfortunately, its no replacement for a good design.
See responses in red.

#38 ·
My sincere apologies to the OP for the tangent this has gone into. 100% not my intentions. If you have any questions as to our products, dont hesitate to pm me or call anytime. I would be happy to put you in touch with customers running our parts if you would like a first hand experience. If Jesse would like to set the record straight as to what transpired with his link arms, that is up to him. However I will not be posting anything further in regards to this tangent that has been created.

#40 ·
These forums are so full of people slamming each other saying things they would never say to their faces with the fear of getting their ass kicked. Talk is cheap lets see some videos of these different systems in action. I'm sure with all the money that we waste on unnecessary mods someone can afford a GoPro Hero3 to film their system in action. You see the Carli test videos in all the forums but you sure don't see to many others. Carli isn't afraid to show you what their systems can do. BTW I dont have a Carli system. When I built my truck I got bad information from a so called expert at 4 wheel parts. He recommended a crappy lift system that made my new F250 ride like a 10 ton truck. Let's put this to bed once and for all and lets see some Videos.

#45 · (Edited)
Carli isn't afraid to show you what their systems can do.
While Carli does have alot of videos, I wouldn't exactly say they have a plethora of Super Duty videos.

I count 6 on Youtube and one is a video of someone who put on a Carli Lift and then showed 2 other trucks in action.

The remaining videos, however, are very informative. The split screen view of the cab and the road is a great way to show off the product. Their Super Duty blog has alot of pictures but no videos. It would be nice if they had some videos of the everyday stuff they do on the blog.

I also agree that all companies should do a better job showing their suspension components at work.

#41 ·
:whs:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.