Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

need to replace the shocks, whats everyone running?

841 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  me2 
#1 ·
looking to get a better ride out of my f250. just wondering what everyones running for a shock setup. it'll be seeing mostly dirt roads and blacktop. and the occasional field crossing when i gta get firewood. I haul cattle around about once a week and a 14,000 gvw gooseneck to move lighter machinery.
Thanks for the inputs.

#2 ·
Most will say bilstein or fox. I have zone nitros on mine. Only $40 a piece and I like the ride a lot better than I ever did with my bilsteins. In fact I was elated to sell them.

In the other hand I'd love some Fox but at $200 or more a shock I just can't see it.

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#3 ·
I have 5100's on my truck and they SUCK, everyone raves about them, but I honestly agree with Highlandre, they are junk. I have been looking at the zone ones myself just for something cheap to try. the bilsteins ride way too rough for my liking. If I had the money, I would put some Icon's atleast on the front of my truck

#4 ·
Your 5100s aren't junk, they probably just aren't tuned right.

5160s have a lot better damping, for a number of reasons. That is what I am running and they work really well. You can change oil in them and revalve them if you don't like how they work from the factory.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.