Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Sinister diesel basic solution kit???

6K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  mightymax222 
#1 ·
Hello... I'm sure there is threads on this but, I am curious as to if this kit kit from sinister diesel is worth the money...and how hard is it to do. The kit includes new oil cooler....egr delete, sct 3015 tuner, and all the gaskets you need to do this job...all for around a grand....is it worth the headache to do it my self or should I just do the egr delete and sct tuner first. I just noticed that my 06 is using antifreeze this week. Please help.

#4 ·
Holy crap thats expensive. For $1500 you should get a lot more then egr and tuner for $1500

#5 ·
Basic solution kit is the best bet... I think the 5015 is the new livewire ts and I love mine... It's like 700 in its self egr is like what 250 or something... So that right there plus an oil cooler... I think it's a good deal... I got a kit from sinister/Mkm with the egr delete, new oil cooler, and coolant filtration... If u don't have a coolant filtration get one... Our trucks need it... The package deal should also come with all the software so don't forget to factor in that if ur pricin everything individually...

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#13 ·
yesterday my 05 F-450 started pouring out what i first thought was white smoke but soon realized it was steam from the coolant it was burning. took it to nearest ford place and they said it was for sure a cracked cooler and i also had some lines leaking... they said they couldnt tell if i had head gasket issues cus they couldnt get it pressured up with the egr issues.... need help this is my daily work truck and i need it running for my business i just want to fix it so i can trade it off... they wanted $2500 to replace egr stuff and i just want it gone or done cheap so i can get rid of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.