Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

99 leveled on 37s

23K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  ASTRO 
#1 ·
I bought a set of 17x10 rims off of a fellow member and they came with 37x13.5x17 worn Toyo MT's. So I got a wild hair and decided to mount them on my E99 that has a leveling kit.
before i get criticism, remember this. I only mounted these because i've never seen a leveled 99-04 with 37s, and I just wanted a few good pictures After I took a few pictures I pulled it out of the shop to drive it around our farm, and It was definatelly a pain in the @$$ to try to stear it before it rubbed my fenders.
here's a few
on the Right is my current, 16x8 rims with 305s, Left are my bigger tires

only about 2-3" between tire and fender

now i see a huge difference in size between my winter rims (stock rim painted black with another 305 STT) and the new rear 37

See less See more
#3 ·
Well Cary, I would love to put on some flares to roll the 37s. but I don't want to spend the $$$ on 37" tires. I found a local guy that i'm going to give the tires to so he can run them on his jeep. When i get the 5th rim and brand new tire, i'm gonna try to sell it and hopefully almost double my $$ back

#15 ·
I know those wheels! Nice pics, ever if they are just for looks! I don`t want to bust your bubble, I said that i would give you the 5th wheel free which I will do, but if you remember I said I was going to find a 17x10 wheel that fits my dodge and mount that new 37" toyo on it and give you the 5th wheel free. Anyone can crame a big tire under these super duty`s, but if you don`t leave room for the suspension travel , you are going to mess up alot of sheetmetal! Shoot I`m running 38x15.50r18 Claws on an Icon 12.5" lift which I netted 14" of suspension lift in the front with the 7.3L psd and at full lock the tires still rub on the left springs.

#7 ·
Looks great. What size rims do you have? Do you notice your truck being sluggish with the larger tires?

#12 ·
It was definatelly a pain in the @$$ to try to stear it before it rubbed my fenders.
What were they getting into? Fender or fender liner?

My truck is level and I run 37" tires without any issues.
You got some pics of that? Did you do any trimming? What backspacing?

How do you like the power to spin them with a manual trans? Any complaints? Regrets?

#14 ·
What were they getting into? Fender or fender liner?
i was hitting the rear section of the fender and also the fender liner at 1/4 turn. BUT the picture was taken just for fun. i have no desires to lift the truck more or whatever it would take just to run the tires. not practicle in my book.

#16 ·
I know those wheels! Nice pics, ever if they are just for looks! I don`t want to bust your bubble, I said that i would give you the 5th wheel free which I will do, but if you remember I said I was going to find a 17x10 wheel that fits my dodge and mount that new 37" toyo on it and give you the 5th wheel free. Anyone can crame a big tire under these super duty`s, but if you don`t leave room for the suspension travel , you are going to mess up alot of sheetmetal! Shoot I`m running 38x15.50r18 Claws on an Icon 12.5" lift which I netted 14" of suspension lift in the front with the 7.3L psd and at full lock the tires still rub on the left springs.

Wheel offset... Wheel offset... Wheel offset.

You hang them out there like every lowrider your going to have issues...

I am running 37's on a 4" lift without issue... Of course I dont run a bunch of positive offset, my tires tuck inside the fender as they should.

#17 ·
I am running the correct wheel offset, which is recommended by Icon.

#19 ·
If your rubbing with that much lift, you have the wrong offset. Could care less what Icon says about it. I can stuff my tires and not rub...

#18 ·
I had 37x13.5R20's on mine and they only rubbed the leaf spring when I turned. Then I went to a 35x12.5R18 with Mud Graplers and they still rub the leafs because I forgot to check the damn backspacing when I got the 18's...:doh:

Attachments

#20 ·
If I adjusted my steering stop I wouldn`t rub.
I`m running a set or weld dune 8 18x10 with 4.5 offset and my tires only set outside my wheel well about 2". You must be running special toyo mt your sign. says toyo mt 37x14.50r17 tires and toyo doesn`t even make a 37x14.50r17 tire. Glad you have no issues.

#21 ·
Odd... Not sure how that got changed to a 14... But none the less, I have been running a 37x13.5x17 for over 8 years... My Steering stop is not adjusted, my tires do not sit outside of the wheel well at all.

Pictures dont lie...

#22 ·
Thats cool! I`m not calling you a lier at all. Like I said glad to hear you got no problems. I had those coolers with thr toyo mt on my ford with the rubicon express 6.5" lift and I had no problems until the rubicon front springs settled and then they started rubbing on the front springs.
Those bushwacker fender flairs add 2" of extra coverage.
Here is a picture right after the rubicon 6.5" lift was installed and the 17x10 coolers and 37x13.50r17 toyo mt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.