Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

37's..what would it take

3K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  Stroken6.0 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

just wondering what lift and/or rim dimensions it would take to get 37's to fit under my 4" lift. Currently I have stock rims and 315/70/16 tires. Its a CCSB.
Thanks, here's a couple pictures for reference.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

See less See more
#2 ·
Do you plan on continue to use it like your avatar pic?

#3 ·
sorry it took so long, forgot i had this thread..no for the avatar pic, mostly street with the very limited off roading...i was looking at 37" toyo mt (if that matters)...i live in WA with lots of rain and snowy winters

#5 ·
I have a 2009 with 37 Toyos on factory 20s with 2.5" level kit. I don't know for sure what it would take but I do know the fender wells are smaller on your body style. If you can get them under there it's probably going to have to be on a wheel with similar dimensions as your stock wheels. I had a 2004(leaf springs in front) with 38x14x24s -44 offset wheels with 6" lift. They scrubbed pretty bad, had to do major trimming on the inner fender plastic, lower valance, and metal where the bottom of the fender bolts up at. That was scrubbing with no flex. That truck never saw anything but pavement. Not sure how much help this is but maybe give you a little perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#8 ·
How to make that work...

Install the tires.

Been running 37's on a 4" lift for years. Stock offset, 17" wheels.

I'm working in Portland Oregon right now if your ever in the area... Little trim on the front bumper and thats it.

#10 ·
yep mine has a 4 inch lift and I run 37 inch in the summer that are 12.50 wide on wheels with 4.5 backspacing and they dont rub even in full tilt. Now if I put the other set I have on the truck they will rub at slight tilt even but those rims are 12 wide with a 5 inch dish on the outside and the tires are 37x14.50. If you want to just put a 4 inch lift on make sure your wheels are close to the 4.5 or stock backspace cause the farther out you come the more likely they will rub. Plus the deeper the dish the more load on the not so forgiving wheel bearings also......

#12 ·
Thanks everyone for the responses...i have stock rims right now and dont plan on replacing them anytime soon, so with the responses looks like i'll be getting 37's for my next tires instead of 35's.

thanks everybody

#17 ·
is the backspacing the same as stock rims? only because thats what i have now

#18 ·
I've got a 2001 with a 4" lift and 37s. The first set of wheels I ran had about 4.5" of backspace with surplus humvee tires. On the front they rubbed the springs and hit the hit the fenders when turning hard and hitting things like speed bumps, gutters and pot holes. The rears hit both the front and back of the wheel opening while driving in places you shouldn't be driving a truck that size. After I had body damage on all 4 corners and torn up inner front fenders from the tires, I put cut-outs on and got a set of these wheels (http://www.trailworthyfab.com/images/D/d-17520-14.jpg) with a 3.5" backspace and a set of 37" retreads from Treadwright studded for winter. Now nothing rubs, I can air down as much as I want and never blow a bead and I can change a tire on the wheel with only a wrench. The inserts are a real pain to get in and out of the tires, but you don't need them if you don't care about the beadlock part.

#19 ·
So, ya. 2004, CCSB, mostly stock, 2.5" mini spring pack up front for a leveling kit. I've run 37/12.5/17 for years on a couple different wheels but, very close to stock backspacing. Almost no rubbing anywhere but on the front springs.
I've definitely taken thus truck through places no superduty has any business going. Full articulation, to the point the truck two tires off the ground, front & rear, opposite corners. Betty little rubbing except at full lock & then only at the springs.
Also, had it off the ground a few times (mostly on purpose) & no problems there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.