Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Urgent: Do I Have The Right Parts

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Aaron S 
#1 ·
Are these the correct sway bar links and trac-bar bracket for a 2000? (it's a BDS front 2" leaf kit)

20121118-IMG_8314 by sniper_101, on Flickr

20121118-IMG_8311 by sniper_101, on Flickr

The sway bar ends look too small and the kit came with square u-bolts, not the radious/rounded ones I need. Just wondering what else was screwed up with this order . . .

My truck is in the shop at work so I can't go look, but I need to start the install tomorrow, assuming these are the right parts.

See less See more
#2 ·
They look like parts that would go on that year truck. Im surprised they recomend a trac bar bracket with such a small lift. It may end up causing some bump steer without a drop pitman arm being installed although they may be just moving the mount point towards the center of the truck to help center the axle. If it does end up causing bump steer then put the factory bracket back on and buy an adjustable trac bar.

I believe the first year trucks used a more squared U bolt design on the front axle, so that is probably the problem there.

If the anti sway bar links dont work out then move the upper mounts to the bottom side of the frame if possible.

#3 ·
I did pick up a Zone adjustable trac bar, but I'd like to use the relocated one + the adjustable if clearance is fine to keep the bar closer to horizontal.

Also, I knew they messed up the u-bolt style a day after I ordered the kit, so I had them order the proper ones, well they were square too . . . I'm going to re-use the stock ones for a day or two until the proper ones arrive.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean about the upper mounts on the frame being moved.

#4 ·
I believe the upper mount for the anti sway bar is a cast piece that bolts to the frame. If the aftermarket links dont work, unbolt the mounts from inside of the frames C and bolt them under the frame. Its been a while since ive looked at one I could be wrong. It dosent matter if the new links are correct.

If you have an adjustable trac bar then only it should be used. If the trac bar bracket drops the mounting position any and a drop pitman arm is not used to equal it, then you will experience bump steer. When traveling over bumps or holes in the road the suspension cycling will cause the steering wheel to move/ rotate/ oscilate in your hands.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.