Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

project pitbull

3K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  joemx611 
#1 ·
i had orignally made this paticuar project a gas job dakota- but after purchasing my 1st diesel - 94 f250 7.3 turbo l/b 5spd 4x4 , the project name and all my ideas flowed over .

i got a set of 04 350 diffs that are getting a make over and going in
upgraded turbo with intercooler
04 interior dash seats and black carpet ( shes nasty red interior now)
lockers
410 gears
38x14x18 boots with mamba rims
8 inch suspension lift
cowl induction hood
custom rear and front bumpers
12k lb warn in front 10k out back
roll cage
linx body sprayed on the outer panels from the body lines down
as well in the bed
got a 100 gal "L" shaped slip tank
halo HID light convesion led rear tail lights
flat black paint and bright green accents
upgraded exhaust - 4 inch ?? duel exhaust ?( can i do duels with the way its set up off the turbo?)
any deletes or mods you vets can suggest

ill post pics as i go for now its a rolling project till i get another truck too drive too and from my rig - unfortuanly i just have to get this beat running - clutch replacment still has me beat - mostly the weather is stoping me but i got her inside the Quanset now

any ideas you all may have or sugestions critisim are greatly welcomed

* all mods are subject too change *

pitbull - aka james :evil

See less See more
#3 ·
maybe i mis understand you country , essentinaly i wouldnt have a true duel exhaust ? it would be a stock style setup and doing what the mid 80s cameros did with a 2.8 v6 split at the rear axel and giving it that duel exhaust feel and look but still ran a single pipe off the Y at the block end -

* this is not a flame post * just confriming iam reading this right as i claim total newb on diesels lol

#5 ·
Correct.

I also suggest skipping the 04 axles and going with 05+ axles, better brakes and coils up front. Run 4.56 gearing as well, also you say its a 7.3 turbo diesel is it a powerstroke or idi? If its an idi you would prolly have to fab up your own exhaust instead of buying a kit.

#6 ·
shes a powerstroke 7.3 turbo for sure . and i belive shes a Direct injection ill check the specs sheets i got from ford . iam going 04 axels just for the fact they are freebies and already got a shop linning all the install and lift up for me could do it on my own but id rather have somone do that aspect thats all set up for that , as for exhaust looks like ill be doing all custom work there too as i cant find a kit at all for it ( still have too look on PSN ) locally so thats where iam at right now ur info on this country is much apreciated
oh yea 4.56 gears sound alot better with size of boots shes getting

Cgasser21 thanks man ill post pics of the brute as she is now and keep an updated log for you all too follow - might not be as great a build as some such as a sinfuls build kudos too that rig shes awsome but this is my 1st diesel build that is gunna see the trails and work as well
* news flash * stupid ass bell housing bolt that had me beat for 4 days lost today clutch is going in tommorw pitbull one truck 3 yes i ll admit that battle was tough lol

#16 ·
yours is the powerstroke, if the vin says its an idi, someone may have swapped on in? either way, you should have a kit exhaust available for it.

#17 ·
naw this an old farm truck bought new and never seen a mod in its life i went into ford gave em the vin number and they printed the specs sheets off for me and the engine says size 7.3 and type idi navistar even found the badge on the drivers valve cover that says navistar what i really am curious too know if the engine by international is good and many mods for it ? or do i go and find me a crashed 03 with a ford powerstroke ? ill try n post some pics of the rig on my project forum thread today of what she is now . i got a long road ahead of me lol

#20 ·
Well i havnt exactly started my build just as of yet but thought id do an update iam still in the planning stages - careful consideration. With consulatioins from few ppls in pm - iam gunna run my idi for now work on everythig else and build a psd up and swap it in - where iam at now is still gettting the truck mobile - clutch replacment with winter here n hunting season and just my lack of knowladge on diesel parts has been a slow replacment - now iam putting in new hydrualic clutch system new slave new master - soon as. The old girl is mobile ill post pics of what i am starting with. Its not gunna be as fast some ppls builds but i hope not as slow as some of my previous work on gas jobs. Work takes me away for weeks on end. Hope yall all follow and can give me tips tricks and pointers 1st diesel build and iam excited. Thanks for watching

#21 ·
if your gonna swap a PSD motor into it ur gonna pretty much need a an entire truck cuz your gonna need the engine,wire harness,pedal assembly the works. i have a 94 non turbo IDI and i was gonna do the same thing but because you need so much out of the other truck ur best off just buying an entire truck thats totalled or something and that can get pricey

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.