Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Roosewood budget injectors?

8K views 70 replies 18 participants last post by  FarmBoyStroker 
#1 ·
Hey guys got a 96psd with the adverage upgrades. Looking for some injectorand need some opinions. Looking at some roosewood stage ones and a PHP 6 position. Lope idle and hot tunes. Its a 96 with and auto. Plan on a 5 speed convershion later on. But has anyone had any experience with this set up???
suggestions?

#2 ·
Lope idle is worthless.

I'd swap that for a whisper tune for the drive thru anyday.

Rosewood builds good stuff and he'll call you if your Plungers are bad.

Tuning should be fine for 5 speed or Auto. Can't go wrong with PHP.

#3 ·
Agree, the lope tune serves no purpose except to impress the young boys at the co-op. Automatics must have tunes written for autos as they directly affect line pressure, TC lockup strategy, etc. 5 spd tunes are more forgiving; you may or may not have to rewrite for a manny. If you dont do any hp oil work, have them write tunes around the capability of the stock pump (lower pressures).

Rosewood remans are fine and a good economy route for some quick performance improvements. A stage 1 will really wake up a stock truck, so prepare for the auto trans to hate life if its still stock.

Git er done!

#4 ·
Yea Lope tunes are pointless but sound pretty neat when they thromp tho. Just the imitation of a hot rod I guess. I don't like he short choppy idle, I like the slow and low rpm romp sound. Anyways yea the ol tanny is a stocker and has been old man driven for the past 100k miles so I don't expect a long life out of it. Thats why i have a zf5 on stand by in the shed. Now I expect to keep this old truck for a while, would it be worth it to go ahead and get stage two's in case i ever want to go bigger or is stage ones all i will ever want. And what about nozzle i can get a set of 1's for 1235 with is Overhaul, 160 cc upgrade, new Plunger & Barrel assemblies, new stock Nozzles.
Or for the same money get 1.5's witch are Overhaul, 160 cc upgrade, new Plunger & Barrel assemblies, new 30% over Nozzles.
Or also for the same money get 2's witch are Overhaul, 160 cc upgrade, new Plunger & Barrel assemblies and new 80% over Nozzles.
Is there such a thing as going to big???

#5 ·
And how quiet is the Whisper tune??? Here is a link to a Lope idle I like.

#6 ·
I know this is a 6.0 but it sound mean aswell. If there was any way to make a 7.3 do this id like for some info on it. Not the smoke but the idle. I could care less about the smoke.

#8 ·
As far as lope tunes go...SouthJerseyStroker has the best sounding one IMO

#9 ·
Lope is also good at washing down cylinder walls.

#11 ·
Agreed! lol.
Well now back on the injectors. What about the stages and prices at roosewood. Is it Ok to run stage two's and run them with out all of other performance upgrades like HPOP, EFUEL ect. I plan on doing this b4 to long but my money has to be right first. Id hate to get stage ones and them later find that I need bigger ones!
And what about Injector sleeves. Is it a good idea to replace them aswell when doing aftermarket injectors or is this something that if it isnt broke dont mess with it?

#12 ·
And I'm having a hard time finding Info on South Jersey Stroker? Do they custom burn 6 positions as well? Link to there web site would be nice.

#13 ·
South jersey stroker is prolly a member on here.......

And yes you can run stage 2's with out upgrading anything.

BTW I had a lope tune..... Was cool for the first few months than I just lost interest in it. Kinda like the joy of a new toy on christmas morning..... Newness wore off and it was just a wasted spot on the chip.

This post has been deleted
#17 ·
Ok thanks, now heres another quick qestion. The otherday I was researching the libary and there was a guy that was building a E fuel sytem for his OBS 7.3l While he had the fuel bowl and stuff out of the valley he went ahead and put in a new Boush HPOP. In the write up he mentioned that under the fittings of the hpop there were two check valves one in each fitting that he removed with the springs and that helped distribute oil through the heads which eliminated the need for a cross over pipe. It was a very good write up but he never mentioned how it worked out for him. Does anyone have any imput on the subject or personal experance doing this?

#22 ·
10-4. Iv herd that is a job that you need to have a professional do the cups that is??? True??? How big of a job is it?

#23 ·
Properly changing cups takes some specialized tools and additional knowhow. If they are scored or are leaking, a change would be required but changing them really isnt part of PM.

#24 ·
only reason to do cups is if they are cracked, as far as i know....
course rosewood sells the cups and tool so ask him.

#25 ·
Yes he sells the kit or just the tools 250$ for the tool its self and 450$ for the kit with injector orings. My truck has a really clean coolant tank and that's one of the main reasons I bought it. Cleanest IV seen, so I could just through some injectors in her and let er eat untilled signs of bad cups show up then replace if I need to. It really wont hurt anything will it, just mix fuel in the coolant.

#26 ·
SouthJerseyStroker is a member...i do not know his tunes, i think it sounds good though.

#27 ·
Hell yea. Wish I could find some more info on them tho. I like that slow and low idle like that. It sounds like its a bout to die and then revs right back up like a real comp truck. I hate the mild tunes that just sound like someones in the cab petting the gas peddle or the truck has something wrong with it. You here alot of good sounding cummins like that but not to many 7.3 powerstrokes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.