Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Airdog 2 pump motor junk after only 3 years, pureflow won't stand by their product

2K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  southmike 
#1 ·
This is a sister post to another one I put on the .org, I am posting again here to let everyone else know about my problem. I would have liked to have known about issues like this before I bought my airdog 2.

This situation has really frustrated me.

I bought an airdog 2 unit from the online retailer Diesel Auto Power in August of 2009. I sent in the warranty card immediately after I received the pump. Now, three years later, the pump motor dies on me. It had been sounding funny since the last winter but I had checked it all out and everything appeared to be fine. I had replaced the filters around this time as well thinking some restriction in the filters may have been causing the pump to get noisy.

So the pump died this last weekend, and I go to contact Pureflow technologies (Josh Smith specifically) and he tells me they have no warranty paperwork for my serial number, they will not cover the pump, and he wants $219 for a new pump and tower assembly. This is inexcusable in my opinion. So a company can “lose your paperwork” whenever they want to not cover a warranty issue. This is the problem with forcing people to send in a registration card to activate the warranty….the company can then claim they never got it, or lost it when they don't want to cover warranty issues.

Along with this is the frustration that a pump like this only lasts three years and then dies, which is also inexcusable in my opinion. Anyone else had any experiences like this? I had bought the airdog because I thought they took care of their customers. This is obviously not the case.

Think there is any chance of taking the motor off and having it re-built? I don’t know a whole lot about these electric motors. Thanks for any and all input. Should have went with FASS or some other company.

-Nick D.

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: Airdog 2 pump motor junk after only 3 years, pureflow won't stand by their produc

I file complaints with the BBB even if they aren't a member they will contact pureflow

I have actually received some retribution from non BBB companies in the past

if nothing else it makes Me feel better LOL

that is crap,,, letting the Wolf decide if the Sheep sent in His warranty card

#3 ·
Re: Airdog 2 pump motor junk after only 3 years, pureflow won't stand by their produc

FAss pumps are worse...but they are brother s ..father son or some such deal.
Was the pump a lifetime warranty?
Have the bill of sale..invoice email etc.

They used to post here and was a helpful guy.

#5 ·

FAss pumps are worse...but they are brother s ..father son or some such deal.
Was the pump a lifetime warranty?
Have the bill of sale..invoice email etc.

They used to post here and was a helpful guy.
The pump was a lifetime warranty (if you send in the registration card, which I always do religiously). I guess I will have to keep a scanned copy of the card and so forth, but I don't see how that helps, because they can still claim that they never received it and would probably just accuse me of filling it out but forgetting to send it in. (basically what they are doing to me now).

I do have the bill of sale/invoice as well. Pureflow said that made no difference. I expect to be treated a lot better after spending $600 on a pump setup like this.

#4 ·
Big dollar parts I make it a habit to scan my receipts so I can always prove when and where I bought my stuff. A number of guys have upgraded the wiring with a thicker gauge with good reliability results. Wiring Upgrade

#6 ·

And now I'm stuck, it's either ditch the airdog and all the money I've sunk into it or give pureflow another $220 to keep it running, which I have a big problem with. I hate giving money to dishonest companies.

#7 ·
And now I'm stuck, it's either ditch the airdog and all the money I've sunk into it or give pureflow another $220 to keep it running, which I have a big problem with. I hate giving money to dishonest companies.
That really sucks and having the receipt I would have assumed would have been enough. Guess we're going to all have to get email confirmation that they have received the warranty card. I think that is not the norm in the business world so perhaps Pure Flow is upset that they are spending their own money on all the AD2 warranty returns when all they have to do is listen to its customers and fix well know pump and install issues. I've had my AD2 for close to six years with no issues but then I left every part of Pure Flows install kit in the box. $200 is still a cheap price for a $700 pump that can be reliable IMO.

#8 ·

You can hardly argue against them. There's no way to prove whether they are or aren't lying about receiving your info. #### gets lost in the mail all the time...

#9 ·

That's why OEM stock parts are the only parts I'll ever use (except injectors of course).

Aftermarket stuff is always garbage. How many stock fuel pumps do you see on the road that are 10+ years old and still going strong? A lot of them.

#10 ·
Your trying to be sarcastic, right?

#12 ·

Don't think so.

A lot of guys running dual SD or Walbro pumps with fantastic results for years, at a fraction of the cost.

#14 ·
I think He's serious ?
I wouldn't put a Free ADII on my truck
LOL. Then I must be an AD2 whisperer then with my five year old AD2 :)

#15 ·

I know Term

but I swear your the exception

Cody summed up My feelings on the Aftermarket fuel pumps also

now If BPD made one I might try it

#16 ·
I know Term

but I swear your the exception

Cody summed up My feelings on the Aftermarket fuel pumps also

now If BPD made one I might try it
Yah and it would be so nice looking you wouldn't want it mounted under your truck getting dirty. :)

#18 ·

To the orig poster did you run poem wire or new wire and relay off th oem... that makes a difference. I would say 10ga or more depending on current draw.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.