Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Black Betty Build thread

5K views 38 replies 17 participants last post by  coryjones 
#1 ·
So i thought i should start a build thread on her so here goes. I bought a 2008 f350 ccsb king ranch2 years ago and after dumping a ton of money and time in to it. It was totaled out a few weeks back.I have been wanting a excursion that i could run WMO OR WVO in for a while now. So i bought a black ex tan int 04 limited excursion off e bay. I bought a 6.0 to be different and i know these are great motors with a little work and i plan to do some motor work anyway. Plus it is so hard to find a 7.3 excursion that doesnt have a million miles and isnt trashed. So i found this one 1,900 miles away and had it shipped. Almost two weeks later it arrived on a low boy all alone covered in diesel fuel.

During the two weeks i already new alot of the things i wanted to do to it.

Motor
Head studs
Egr delet
Collant fillter
livewire
Exhaust
Intake
Turbo and Injectors down the road

Exterior
Everything needed to be blacked out
Wheels & Tires
V or X and B mod springs 4" lift
Shocks
Dual steering stabilizer
08 mirrors
06 headlights grill and bumper
8 1/2' western V plow.
Led strobe and lighting
Air compressors
10 gallons of air
Train horns
vent visors

Interior
Viper 5901 and smart start
Possible a sun roof
weatherteck floor mats and cargo mat

So it begins stock head lights had to go.

See less See more
#2 ·
Then it was time to black everything out.

Got the plow mounted and working

Time to do something about these mirrors

Went with 08 power fold telescope heated power everthing mirrors

Time to upgrade the suspension Still working on it currently

For wheels i went with a 20x9x4.5bs I like these wheels but not the color so i am going to color match them to the truck. I can't decide if i want to leave the chrome or black it out. For tires i got real lucky. I was picking up my wheels from discount tire and Was pricing 35" tires. The guy said they have a used set of 295 60 20 toyo terra grapplers. Apparently a guy bought them and they rubbed and his wife was driving the truck and heard that and ended up having the truck towed home. She made him take them back after only two days. So I got all for for $600 and bought a 3 year warranty for them as well. Thats less then half price.

#7 ·
Well after a ton of work changing out all 4 leaf springs shocks pan hard bar. Chasing down parts having mini spring pack made and 8 u bolts new diff cover.

#8 ·
I am looking for some supper bright led bulbs for my taillights any one have any recommendations they all look the same online.

#9 ·
Have you looked at the ones on gorecon.com?

#10 ·
Looks great. sub'd

#11 ·
It turns out 37"x12.50x20 will fit so that is what i am going with. very minor rubbing on the rear of the front inner fender a little bailing wire and a heat gun will fix this.

#16 ·
Good question. Your last "before" picture came up fine, but the "after" did not.....
Your plow pics also came up fine.
All looks great though!

#18 ·
I see them now. I think the wheels look better black instead of grey.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.