Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Lifting my 03!

925 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  galiv 
#1 ·
First off let me start off by saying I am in no way a mechanic and only know how to do basic things working on cars and trucks, so this question may come off a bit stupid to some of you.

I recently found on craigslist someone selling 6" leaf springs (all front and rear) for a 2003 f250 for $250 , besides the leaf springs to lift my truck up what else would I need? New shocks, new u-bolts and sway bar drops... new pitman arm?

Here is a picture of what he is selling:

So my question is what else would I need? Does this seem like a good deal? How hard is it to swap the stock springs out for these ones?

See less See more
#5 ·
Track bar drop mount, adj track bar, longer sway bar links, drop pitman arm, droped bump stops, new U bolts, Carrier bearing shim kit.
I'd also get longer SS brake lines.

Truck will ride much stiffer...

#6 ·
I really don't care to much about ride quality, I had lifted trucks in the past that rode like ####, its a truck I don't expect it to ride like a mercedes lol :) , so do you guys think I shuld purchase these leafs or just wait until I have the money to purchase an actual lift thats already put together?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.