Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

HELP Stuck in a hotel room!!! Front end problem

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Juniorssrollin 
#1 ·
Long story short, im towing 9000lbs on my 2000 F250 2wd. Deer runs in front of me I slam as hard as I can. Didnt hit it, but now wish I did. Something is wrong with my front end, there is a thumping noise from 20mph and gets worse as I accelerate beyond that. I can feel the thumping in the steering wheel very slightly. Feels like its coming from the front. Did the force of the stop cause my front twin I-beams to go out of whack? Is it possible the alignment was just shocked so bad from the force of the brake slaM? I crawled under there and nothing looks broken or out of place...... bushings on the radius arms "look" ok? I am stuck in a hotel room until a shop opens, but any opinions would help me get this to the right shop the first time. Thanks guys:bowfast:

#2 ·
Did some searching on my laptop and wondering if its possible I may have put flat spots on my tires by doing this. My trailer brakes went out half way through the trip, so when I slammed the brakes to avoid the deer, I was taking the full weight of that trailer behind me, and if I remember right, the tires were locked and squeeled for a good 1-2 seconds. The truck drives straight as an arrow, and nothing seems off other than the thumping noise cant be heard until about 20mph and gets worse as I go faster. Anyone concur?

#3 ·
ya sounds to me like flat spots on tires, sucks bro, good luck, enjoy ur night at the hotel and get em checked in the morning..

#4 ·
I concure.

#5 ·
I recommend running a dedicated wire from brake controller to rear plug. Eliminates most all trlr brake failures.

#6 ·
Well made it home last night, yep ruined the front tires thank god nothing else, i rotated the tires to the back and that kept the front from vibrating. Definitely going to look at a safe guard for the trailer brake wire. That really pissed me off. Thanks guys!

#7 ·
Yep, definitely sounded like the tire has a flat spot. Fix those trailer brakes asap. You can have the tires "shaved" or "trued" at a tire shop, it will lessen the tread life of the tire, but at least you will have a round, smooth riding tire.

#9 ·
Now that they're on the back of the truck just do a lil burnout and smooth them back out lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.