Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

6 vs 8

3K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  94.5PSD 
#1 ·
Debating on either 6" or 8" lift for my F350 as there's only a $300 difference. Would like to see some trucks with 6" & 8" lifts and weather you were happy with size you got or wish went bigger or smaller

Thanks

#3 ·
I have 6. To be honest it was on when I bought the truck but I would of never went that big. 6 on a Chevy is good but Fords sit high and I think it loses some usability.

Having said that, I love sitting up that high once I'm in there.

#4 ·
Ya I was planning on 6 for awhile but gota a buddy with 8 on his 06 gas 250 and it looks good. I don't use my truck as much as I use to since Im out of town 3 days a week and remainder I'm inside at 2nd job.

#5 ·
But do still pull my Polaris ranger crew and atvs when we go riding

#6 ·
i got 8'' and tow a trailer in the summer with 3 quads on it or the trailer with 2 quads and hunting gear...its a pain in the ass when i go quading by myself to put the quad in the back of the truck or when i need to put anything in the back of the truck, so at that point in time i wish i had 6'' or smaller...but any other time i wish i had 12'' on 40s..which i think ill be doing after the winter lol

#7 ·
The problem with 8" is that most people will want 37" or bigger tires for it to look good (I think it looks fine with 35's but that's besides the point). And when you have 37"+ tires your speedometer and gearing get thrown off, you start to lose power, brakes don't work as well, etc. So for that reason you're probably better off with 6" and 35's but its really up to you.

#8 ·
Ya I m ordering 16" xd hoss wheels so I can run my 35s for alittle longer as there in great shape then step up to 37. My Speedo is 5 mph slow right now lol I figured with 37s even with the 6" would do truck some good since it's 4.11's and 6 spd

#10 ·
I use the truck just not as much anymore

#11 ·
Well said screw it and ordered 8" yesterday now just gota order 16" xd hoss wheels then get some 37/38s

#13 ·
I was going to order 8" Monay but they said the early 99 has different track bar bracket and pitman arm

#14 ·
Very glad went with 8 over 6!! Now just need tires

#16 ·
Ya I don't mind the 35's and some people don't and some do lol If the tires weren't bald id keep them but they are shot and since gota replace id rather go up a few size's and get another 1"or 2" lol

#18 ·
Ya I agree

#21 ·
Either 355/60/20 wildpeak, 37x13.50 toyo mt or 40x13.50 dick cpeak

#22 ·
Yall think them 40x13.50 dick cepek will clear? Later on going to swap to 20x12 fuels and probably add 4.5" sky shackles in few monthd

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.