Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Steering Stabilizer

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  fordpowerf450 
#1 ·
Hey ya'll looking to get a new steering stabilizer any ideas of a good product!
Thanks ya

#2 ·
Just installed the procomp dual steering stabilizer on the Pops truck... cheap price and easy install.

#5 ·
I think the 03s might be a better location of the stabilizer I'm not sure if its the same as the 06 tho the factory spot just sucks. I'd look into a rough country dual set up. Not the best on the market but it's a quality unit and great price

#8 ·
I was kinda curious about this too. Want to add a dual kit and replace the stock steering dampener. So that's 3 shocks that I want to replace.

Is one brand name just as good as the next? Does Bilstein make a dual kit or just a replacement for the stock dampener? I was thinking of just going Ranchos as far as the dual kit goes... any thoughts?

Thanks

#9 ·
I wouldn't use all three.. Put a good dual setup and you'll be fine. Rancho is a good brand or I've seen a few different companies sell the rough country kit but with fox or billstien shocks which would be nice. There's alot of options on eBay to. Either way junk the stock one.

#12 ·
Bilstein doesn't make SS's for dual usage. As stated Icons are great I have them on my '97 '08 axles and so are Fox's..have them on my Excursion..actually like them better..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.