Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

window tint

9K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  devinferg 
#1 ·
Looking to tint my front windows to 25% anybody have any pics seems like everybody either has 25 or 5% tint on their windows. Legal limit in IL is 25% TIA!

#2 ·
Never heard of 25 but I know a lot of people with 20 and its pretty dark. Thats crazy that you can have it legally in IL, all we get here in VA is a measly 50%

#3 ·
This is mine with 5%

#4 ·
My old truck with 5% lumar window tint. Forgot to mention the super duty has suntek tint

#6 ·
20% front. 5% on the top 6" of the windshield. I live in Illinois and haven't been hassled about it.

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#7 ·
I've never heard of 25%, but here in NC it is 35% legal limit, with 3% leeway IIRC. I have ran 20% on every vehicle I've ever owned in the front roll ups and have never been hassled.

Just had my new work truck done on Friday, 20% rear and rollups.

#8 ·
I got 30% on my front side windows and 5% on the back 2 (crew cab) and a 6" strip on top of winshield. I live in ny were the legal limit is 70% for the fronts. Haven't had any problems. Yet will post pics once the sun comes up.

#9 ·
In SC legal is 35% i have run 5 on top of 20% wich comes out to 3% in all mu trucks fer the last 10yrs an have been lucky2 not been bothered bowt it justa pain @nites pullin my gooseneck-

#12 ·
I have 50% on windshield, my girl has 30% on hers. I wish I did the 30%. I'm in Fl though. I'll see if I can get some pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

#15 ·
I live in Illinois and I have 30% over the factory rear and 50 on the front two sides and a 15 eyebrow. I wanted to get 30 on front two but my guy I used said he can't now. The 50 is to light for my liking. Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Car Motor vehicle

#16 ·
You'll always want darker. That's why there's people with double and triple layered 5% (completely pointless IMO). I've had 35 fronts for a while and think 5 or 20 looks a lot better but my friend has it and it hurts my eyes to look out at night

#18 ·
Yea I know I kick myself in the a$$ everyday for it trust me!!!

#20 ·
Dana 60 Front from a 1994 f350, SKY 3" reverse shackle kit, Stock F350 front springs with a rough country 2" add-a-leaf, and the rear just has the stock F350 bump stop blocks which are bigger than f250 blocks. As for wheels and tires they are 20x12 Moto Metal 962s on 33x12.50r20 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

#22 ·
Thanks I really appreciate it. There are more pics in the obs wheel thread and stuff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.