Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

leveling kit/tire size question.

5K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Biscayne 
#1 ·
I'm going to have to replace my tires soon (265/75 16E Michelin LTS M/S). And I've been also looking at leveling kits and found I may be purchasing a 2.8" block kit for the front end.

I was wondering with the leveling kit, could I put 285/75 16E tires on? And how would it look?

(I am looking at the Nitto Dura Grapplers in that size.

BTW; It is a crew cab long bed 4x4

#5 ·
BTW OP, the ones I have rub a little on the plastic inner-fender, nothing on the leaf springs or the metal parts. But that's only at sharp, slow turns. I DO have 10" wide rims tho with an offset. If you use OEM rims you WILL have a lot more rubbing.

#7 ·
That shouldn't cause you any issues. Just double-check the tire rim-width requirements and make sure they are "E" rated.

#8 ·
yes that picture of my truck is current with a 2.5" level it is sitting on 37x12.5xr20. they do rub the leafs on full turn and i did trim but you cant tell a small piece of the front bumper.

#9 ·
I am having the same dillema right now. I just bought a truck (2000 F350 crew 4x4) with a 2.5" leveling leaf spring in front. The original owner put 2006 18" wheels with 35x12.50 tires on it. Holy Crap! they rub on the springs. I have the stock 16" wheels (7 inches wide) and would love to see how 285/75/16E tires look, I am afraid with the leveling kit they are gonna look like a roller skate. If and when you get them mounted....take a pic and post it on here. It would be GREATLY appreciated.

#10 ·

Yeah, the 05+ years have a much different off-set because they didn't have leaf springs. he should have never put those wheels on without a spacer, not even then. 285's would equal about 33" tires...they look great.

#12 ·
I bought my tires today....was a little worried about rubbing. I got 305/70/16E. I have a 2.5 inch leveling kit up front and the tires don't rub. Under full lock they have about 1/2 clearance on the leafsprings up front. Any , and I mean ANY body roll at all and they barely rub. I am really glad I didn't go with the 315/75/16's. I will get a pic up for anyone interested when I get one on the computer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.