Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Unknown object on my property, servey mark?

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  DisplacedTXN 
#1 ·
Ok, Its been a LOOONG time since i have posted anything on here. We purchased a house last september and i have yet to have the property surveyed. I do plan on doing it this spring, but just didn't have the money at the time of purchase to have it done, so i have been putting if off using the money for other things around the house. Anyway. I was out blundering around a few days ago looking for a new hunting spot and found somthing.

Its a round hole. Approx. 3-5 inches deep and about as round as a 50 gallon drum. THe outer edge of the cirlce is completely lined with rock. This is in the middle of the woods. There are a few rocks sitting around the edge that are not part of the lining edge. Just wondering if this could possible be a old survey marker? It doesn't appear to be at the right spot on the property to be a direction change of the land. I did root around in it a little but not much. I'm thinking on sunday when i go back to check the camera, i'll have to do some digging. As i'm typing this, i'm wondering if there wasn't maybe a cut down drum of some kind somone a long time ago used to sit around during hunting season with a fire in it.

I didn't think to take any pics :doh:

#2 ·
Could be an old well, old septic... If its not near a property corner I doubt it.

Most property corners are a piece of Rod driven into the ground.

#3 ·
I agree with the well or a septic tank. The property marker on my property is a 1 1/4" cap on top of a piece of rebar driven into the ground.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.