Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Truck runs better with Gasser MAP Sensor???

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  TXStroker97 
#1 ·
A few days ago i bought a MAP sensor from O'Reillys and the guy told me he had one from Borg Warner. I bought the sensor for 50 bucks and installed it in the parking lot. Drove off and the truck felt alive!! I went home and replied to another thread about this and they said i was sold a MAP sensor for a Gas engine. I exchanged the sensor for one made for the powerstroke and the truck ran okay...but not as lively as the gasser one. What gives???

#2 ·
My shop manual reads "The manifold absolute pressure sensor (MAP sensor) (9F479) is used on some applications. The MAP sensor measures the pressure in the intake manifold (9424) and provides this information as a variable frequency signal to the powertrain control module (PCM) (12A650). With the ignition switch in the KEY ON/ENGINE OFF position, the manifold absolute pressure sensor will indicate the barometric pressure in the intake manifold. The MAP sensor is used to indicate boost pressure on the diesel engine."

So I'm thinking that the gasser sensor isn't designed to read positive pressure like the diesel one is?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.