Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Totaled my 08 kingranch

8K views 50 replies 18 participants last post by  coryjones 
#1 ·
Long story short my mom was in a wreck with my kids so i was on my way to make sure they where ok and i got t boned car drove under driver side of my truck. The back wheel went over there car flipping my on to my side. i am going to try to buy the truck back and parting it out anyone know if that is even possible? How much do you think the buy back would be?

See less See more
#2 ·
Damn man, that sucks. Looked like a really.nice truck. At least you're ok to still be here and talk about it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#4 ·
Everyone is ok bumps bruises and swelling 4 cars totaled. I tried to start the truck and it comes on glow plugs go and when you turn the key it does nothing no starter or anything any ideas why?

#5 ·
If the airbags came out probably not going to start. Probably have a reset somewhere to for fuel. Lots of vehicles have a fuel trip or something like it incase of a roll over as in your case. Good luck man and glad everyone is ok.

#6 ·
Ya there is a fuel reset on the pass side. Don't think that would keep it from cranking but could have battery probs. I'd wait to try to start it tho till you can check it over a bit. Probably out of oil or its all above the pistons. Glad your okay man that's a nasty wreck! Just about a month ago my father in law had the same accident as you rolled/totaled his brand new Chevy wasn't a pretty sight

#7 ·
Sorry to see this happen to you and your truck.

What I'd like to know is after going through this accident, how much do you wish you would have been in a 2011 with the side air bags and air curtains ? My wife thinks we should trade up to a newer truck to get them.

What do you now think ?

#8 ·
Honestly the roll wasn't to bad i have taken harder hits in the mud truck. I didn't even have my seat belt on. Air bags did not go off. i think the air bags scare me more then the roll over. It did loose a lot of oil how do you get it out of the top of the pistons just let it sit? got to get it started before i offer to buy it back.

#9 ·
Ya it'll leak down there will be some when you start it but if its sat for a bit should be no problem. Just want to avoid hydro locking it or possible running away for a second looked like it was pourin oil out the air filter down the fender so I'm sure the entire intake is full. I would take the lower boot off the air to air and get any oil out

#11 ·
Did it turn at all for a second? Can you hear the solenoid in the starter click? I'm not sure. Maybe try disconnecting the batteries for a minuet and see what that does. And check fuses. Does the trans lever shift good? Maybe nss. I'm not for sure on that if it ran very long in its side I'm sure it would have shut down do to oil pressure or somethin like that so could have a code or something.

#12 ·
It wasn't running when it came to a stop. It shifts fine was still in gear and key on when they flipped it back over. It doesn't click or anything. Its loke the starter is locked out. They unhooked the batteries when it was on its side. I hooked them up when i tried to start it.

#14 ·
Where are you located? I may be interested in the whole truck if you buy it back.

The fuel switch on 08 up will stop it from even cranking over. Its on the passenger side dash panel. You can see it once the doors open. You do not want to start until the oil is off the top of the pistons as it can bend rods. (ask me how I know) Also, you need to pull the IC tubes off so any oil in it doesnt make it a run away and blow it up (once again ask me how I know). To get the oil out pull the GPs and crank it over by hand first then bump it with the starter. Shoot me a PM when you find out what the ins. wants to buy it back.

#18 ·
I'm pretty sure it's on the dash in the 08s. As far as pulling the glow plugs to get the oil I would think most if it should drain down. You could crank it over with a ratchet 10 times or something to make sure it's not gonna hydro lock once you've drained the intake. Maybe leave the pipes off so you could put a clip board or somethin over the intake in case it started to run away. I've delt with a few rolled big rigs and have never had a problem with running away (from the rollover that is lol). Not saying pulling the glow plugs is a bad Idea but where your probably not dealing with a lot of time I would not say its necessary. But I have been wrong in the past.

#19 ·
No they moved it in 08. You have to get the door open to see it. There is a little cover with a slash though a gas pump you have to remove to get to it.

On edit. Fordpower beat me to it.

You can just ratchet it over by hand, BUT if it tries to lock up on you at all you pull the GPs. I have had more then one bend rods and more then one run away. It is no fun watching a motor fly wide open and just hoping it doesnt throw rods out the bottom. It is a hell of a calamity LOL.

#21 ·
Yes. And its a source of fuel that cant be shut off once it starts running on it. As long as you pull the IC tubes loose it cant do it.

#22 ·
man that sucks. glad youre ok. is there much to salvage? maybe axles and interior?

#24 ·
frame down is good and interior basically cab dog house and bed are scrap. already on the hunt for these items.

#26 ·
Harsh, glad your ok. That's some crazy stuff. Just a side note if you are successful with buying the Kingranch back I'd like to throw a request in for the front seats and center console, if I can afford it. I don't wanna step on anyones toes if there's a request already in. Probably not even worth the shipping, lol. PM me if you want. Illinois is a ways away from Northern California, but super duty parts are hard to come by at the local pick n pull here (pretty much non existent in the yard).

#27 ·
The steering stabilizer has been on the shelf in the garage for a while. the bracket got bent and had to straighten it and never put it back on. As far as the seats go i will probable try to sell them all as a set if i can even buy it back,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.