Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

air ride

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  JD_MILLS22 
#1 ·
I'm wanting to convert my truck to air ride and get rid of the coils and leafs i've got the front pretty much figured out having some problems with the rear. i know a rear 4 link or 3 link would work but kinda nervous about it. i've seen a few take all the leaves out except the main one then put an air bag on top of it? with traction bars is this possible/safe? any help would be appreciated.

#3 ·
I have built rear 5 link, and will be working on a front air suspension this winter. Hard to get good info on the correct measurements/info.

#4 ·
I talked with a 4wd shop in baton rouge he said he can get the air bags identical to the ones kelderman uses for the front and rear they said since i already have a 4 link up front all ive gotta do is cut the coil bucket off and weld or bolt the air bag mount to the frame. and get the controller for the bags. i've already got a good compresssor and air tank on my truck anyway you can take some pics of the rear of your truck?

#5 ·
any hd truck shop can get you the same bags

they will not fit between the frame and the tires. they need to go between the frame and the axle

unless you lift the truck quite a bit the bag will be stiff and the ride rough.

#6 ·
I'm just going by what they're telling me. I originally called them about the kelderman 12" kit he said it would be pointless to pay that much for it since I already have a 12" lift. so he gave me a price on the air bags the controls for them and the mounts. I'm not decided on the bags just yet. May run coil overs.

I just found this link Ford F250 Super Duty Front Suspension Installed Photo 5
its exactly what im wanting to do. just on a lifted scale

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.