Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

20 MPG + possible w/ the 6.7

62K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  U235Fishin' 
#1 ·
Hey guys I got a promotion at work and I want to jump back into a diesel again. I had a 6.0 & 6.4 in the past. am looking at getting either a 2011 powerstroke or a 2010 or newer cummins with a G56 tranny. I see alot of people posting that they can get 20 or over MPG with a tuner/exhaust and staying mostly stock ( no lift or over sized tires ) can the new 6.7 get that pretty easily? Now lets me nice about the cummins here ok. am looking at a 4x4 crewcab

#8 ·
Fyi an 11' F250 has shiiit brakes!!! They put the hydro boost brakes back on the 250rd for 12. My co-workers 12' Duramax 3500 dually 4x4 gets 22 hwy & 12.5-17 towing. And it'sI not evenI broke infilling at 15k miles. We are trailer transporters.

#10 ·
I'm still breaking in my truck, just hit 5,000 miles recently. On a recent road trip I hand calculated 20.3 mpg. The lie-o-meter had just under 21.0 mpg. I think my ScanGauge II showed just over 21.0 mpg. I do believe the discrepancy between the ScanGauge and the lie-o-meter happens during Re-Gen cycles. I will notice the Gallons Per Hour decrease on the ScanGauge, but I'm pretty sure that the truck is using more fuel during a re-gen, is this true?

I top off my tank the same way everytime, keep filling to until its full and all the diesel has stopped foaming. That way I start with the same quantity of fuel every time. If you let the pump click off and stop there you'll find that pumps "click off" quite prematurely.

No lift, OEM wheels/tires still on, no programming or deletes. Do have a SnugTop camper shell added though.

#11 ·
I pulled 22 mpg riding in the R. lane at 60 mph max. its possible on 35's & 6" lift.
however the R. foot & my love for black smoke prevailed...i get about 16 mpg at low 80's
18 mpg at 70....

#12 ·
Mine's around town mpg is in the high 15s low 16s hand calc and 17/18 hwy (depending on speed and hills.)

truck runs good :D

#13 ·
I'm still breaking my truck in also and have about 1700 miles on it. My lie-o-meter always shows about 1 mpg better than calculated (the latest is 20.56 mpg calculated on a 130 mile road trip). The actual gallons used on the trip display is always about 1.25 gallons less than a near empty tank fill up. Short trips and mountain road driving I get 16-17 mpg. I have a light right foot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.