Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

The New Ride

27K views 240 replies 57 participants last post by  RockinJW 
#1 ·

No it will not remain white

See less See more
#3 ·
How much did you pick that up for? What's the plans for it? Gonna swap a diesel in it?

#5 ·
It's a 7.3L Elmo, early 99 with 200,000 miles. Paid $3500 for it and she runs like a champ. As of right now, planning to put the wheels and tires off my crew cab on it, tailgate, rollpan, two tone paint scheme.

Then just a chip/intake/exhaust for right now. I'm sure I'll end up doing more to it, we all know how that goes. Want to make it a nice little street truck. Then hopefully by next winter I can afford to swap motors with the crew cab, buy some slicks and some caltracs and take this little guy to the track. :D

#19 ·
It's a 7.3L Elmo, early 99 with 200,000 miles. Paid $3500 for it and she runs like a champ.

Ah. I thought that was a V8 badge on the front fender and didn't see a Powerstroke badge.

#11 ·
It is? So you're doing a new build and putting a girdle in this time? Gonna turn the power up now instead of turning it down to keep it alive?

I don't really care if I ever run quicker than Zanes truck or SW...but I'll be damned if I'm gonna let you beat me.

#15 ·
David...not sure how that was an "owned" comment. I was simply stating that my build is not aimed at participating in the "my thingy is bigger than your thingy" battles that have been waging for a while. I just want to go out and have fun.

As for JW, I hope he doesn't just sit there and take it. I'm just gonna have to keep poking at him until he throws some $$$ at that clunker and comes after me.

JW...stock vs stock would be entertaining for a while, wouldn't it. You'll have forged rods so I'm sure you'd go right for some bigger sticks to out-power me, but I've got the weight advantage and suspension setup right now. How about you throw some parts at that turd and bring it down to DITD? At least then you're not running your "driver" and you know you'll have a way home.

BTW, you're right, you won't hang with my built engine...but I dare you to try!

#16 ·
David-wanna help me put his money where is mouth is? :poke: Got a 38R and some mini me's laying around? I'm sure I can round up a nitrous solenoid or two ;)

Just messing. Stock for stock would be fun Dennis. If this truck has at least the same hp as yours does by DITD you just might have a deal. I'll bring it down there and mop the floor with ya, I'm cool with that :poke:

#23 ·
Hmm, 17.8. :D

#24 ·
Ran a 17.61@77.9mph :eek: And I made it down to the Quarter Finals, Placed in the top 8 out of like 40 trucks in the E/T class LOL I tihnk you could hear the chains on the lift gate slapping the sides of the bed in the wind from the pits :doh:

Got some good baseline numbers, with a little bit of Zanes magic, look out 11's here we come :ford:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.