Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

2013 Ram Info..... 850 torque.

20K views 61 replies 33 participants last post by  geared_low550 
#1 ·
#3 ·
The Asin might be better than the 68RFE, but generally I agree. I think Ford did a great job with the 6R140.

#9 ·
Looks more like a radius arm than a 3 link looking at the pictures. Interior looks boss though. I like them but they ride like a cheap plastic toy, my ford feels a lot more solid and placed on the road. I drove a customers new 12 the other day and it just felt like its was a small car with a bed and a harsh ride. But once we got through with it it ran like a raped ape.

#12 ·
The Dodge truck is the shipping crate for Cummins motor.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

#15 ·
I don't think so.
The Cummins is a stronger and better engine, and now Ram has seen the light and lightened up EGR with SCR, expect Ram to take Ford places they don't want to go..
The truck itself is sharp if you dig the Mopar look, and now the interior is a major jump in the right direction.

Gotta love competition.

#14 ·
Agreed, i have heard little to no issues with the aisin.. Actually seen/heard more issues with both the 68, and the manual options.. Also glad to see the urea being used[ allthough dodge touted it wasnt needed] i believe it to be the better way to emissions.. From what the pictures show, i believe the interior to be nicer also, didnt like the 11's interior i test drove.. Looks like the 13' dodge will be real competition for ford and gm...

#19 ·
#18 ·
There is no way anyone should disrespect this truck anymore. Ram has stepped up, made some real quality changes, and the Cummins goes without saying.
It's possibly a better truck in a lot of ways than the Ford.

I am betting that we will see some substantial changes to the current platform in 14'. That's just a few short months away.

#23 ·
-----------------------------

I'd agree, and to better understand what is happening in the future USA market all you need to do is look a Cummins Europe and their tier 5 emissions HP and torque. Their HP/ RPM are deliberately controlled and lower rated, however note the ISB 6 is still rated a 811 FT torque.

Cummins Engines - On-Highway - Euro Truck Bus - ISBe

125-150 HP per litre is reliably within current capability. Diesel Power mag will do a story on Caterpillar's 200 HP per litre factory hot rod in the near future.

As for transmissions, Aisin has been around since 1969. They originally partnered with Warner, later taking over Warner. As of 2005, Aisin surpassed General Motors Powertrain Division as the largest producer of automatic transmissions in the world. Since then Allison was sold and is a major HD transmission supplier globally. The 6R140 has a ways to go to prove itself in the completive HD pickup market.

The question Ford needs to resolve internally is, does Ford want to be an engine and transmission manufacture or a truck manufacture. GM and Dodge are clearly moving toward truck manufacture. Can Ford be far behind?

#24 ·
New ford engine, new ford transmission. I think ford will be building their trucks with their own power trains for sometime. If they wanted to build frames and cabs they would have kept their big truck line.

Probably harder to invest in building the major components of a vehicle when your either being bailed out or switching ownership every 5 years.

#32 ·
New ford engine, new ford transmission. I think ford will be building their trucks with their own power trains for sometime. If they wanted to build frames and cabs they would have kept their big truck line.

Probably harder to invest in building the major components of a vehicle when your either being bailed out or switching ownership every 5 years.[/QUO
---------------------------------------------------------

Actually the F650 and F750 are still available. They are built at an IH plant in Mexico. The only diesel option is the ISB Cummins. The Allison transmission is the only automatic transmission option for the diesel engine. Dana/spicer is axle(s). The Frame is mfg. by IH. The cab and interior are Ford.

Since Econoline shut down, Ford will be moving production of the F650/750 from Mexico to USA (Ohio) Econoline plant for 2013.

What you think is happening re 6.7 and F250-F550 may very well be something different.

F250-F550 does have a non ford diesel engine in it's future.

#26 ·
Dodge has the Transporter(travel trailers) as well as the Hot Shot market on lock-down! It is the go to truck. That exhaust brake alone makes a Very Big difference. Talk to a 10-12' Dodge owner and they'll praise it to the heavens. There only complaint usually is stock fuel milage. I've done ALOT of talking to my fellow transporters and came away with a new respect for the Dodge. Heck I almost bought a 10' 2wd. Oh, and storage galore!!

#35 ·
I have owned 6 dodge diesels, 3 first gen, 2nd gen and a 3rd gen.. i know the ups and downs with them, and after years of owning all 3 brands, most of them at the same time, i have come to the following conclusion.. If you are driveing a ford or gm truck, the first lie your gonna get is about the fuel mileage, then the repairs... I have had stretching the truth episodes from some gm and ford owners, but the died in wool dodge boys aint gonna be on the level with you unless you are driveing a dodge.. If they tell you about something that broke, they have an excuse.. Even if the part is a known weak leak by folks in the know.. Just something i have learned over the years..

#27 ·
I caught a review of the new Dodge 1500 and the only thing that struck me as advanced was a self adjusting louvered grill opening that optimized flow through the coolers for fuel economy, faster warmups and high flow if needed. This was on what I believe may be their only engine option, a v-6. Anyone know if this carries through to their diesel pickups, where it would be far more useful? I picture Ford and GM copying this shortly.

#28 ·
Ford has already don't it on the current ecoboost focus I believe.

#29 ·
New 1500 Ram can be had with a 380 HP/485 or 425 ft. lbs. Torque V-8. Ram dealer sais tgey were told Ram would be class leaders in ALL categories 1/2 ton thru 1 ton. We'll see.

#31 ·
I bet Ford will start changing things up....pretty damn quickly

#33 ·
My grandpa and uncle have ran nothing but Dodge's since they put a cummins in one, they aren't a bad truck. But I have never owned one ran Chevy's for a few years now running a ford. The cummins engine is not as great as everyone says they are they break down just like the the rest of them. The tranny sucks and the motor has proven to be less reliable than in the past. I am happy though that they have upped the power because that forces ford to do the same. I only hope that they rebuild the internal parts now and make it one to compare to the 6.4. If ford does something like that, well then that would be a real good start.

#36 ·
Ain't that the truth... If they really all got 22 mpg wouldn't we all own one and never think of anything else with fuel prices today?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.