Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

HELP, IM DOWN RIGHT NOW!

788 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Zmann 
#1 ·
Hey Guys. Im in a 02 f-250 7.3 4x4. I drove the 20 miles home last night with no problems. 10 minutes ago it fired up fine, when i started driving it started to change its motor sound from smooth to glug glug glug and I started losing power. Its a little low on fuel but no lower than I have run it before. Turned around to come home and it just got worse the longer I drove. Ended up shutting down 200 yards from the house. Could my fuel gauge be out of wack. I have the stock injector pump, which Ive been told is a lot of miles at 179K. I hope its not though. Im gonna put good diesel in it and try and reprime it, might change the filter anyway. Help me please my business dies without this truck. Thanks Guys

#2 ·
Need to start by checking to see if there is fuel in the bowl, after that move onto fuel pressure.

When the HPOP goes it usually just quits all together not gradually losing power then dies.

#5 ·
Damn pesky fuel gauges! LOL

#6 ·
LOL

My wife was so used to running fuel low and how long she could drive after the light came on (Tahoe Gasser) that when She was on a road trip She flat ran out of gas because the rear had 4 passengers and luggage it changed the level of the tank and fuel pickup characteristics LOL

you may have an issue with the pickup boot at the bottom , screen issue or the little bypass plug either missing or it's sucking from there because the screen is plugged .. this is higher than the normal pickup and would suck air first if it's missing or being utilized due to the screen

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.